Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stolen bike (GMIT Main Campus)

Options
  • 16-10-2014 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

I found my bicycle stolen today. I left it on the cycle lane near the bus station outside the GMIT Dublin Road Main campus. It's also right outside the library I think. I left it there at 5pm. It was unlocked and leaning against a pole (I forgot my lock and I know it was careless )

When I came back at 6pm it was gone. The bike is blue and silver, and it had a light( gaffer taped) to the left handle. Theres also a very small tear in the seat.

If you see a bike that looks like this will you let me know

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

bluevelvet wrote: »
    It was unlocked and leaning against a pole

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭GDSGR8

I found my bicycle stolen today. I left it on the cycle lane near the bus station outside the GMIT Dublin Road Main campus. It's also right outside the library I think. I left it there at 5pm. It was unlocked and leaning against a pole (I forgot my lock and I know it was careless )

When I came back at 6pm it was gone. The bike is blue and silver, and it had a light( gaffer taped) to the left handle. Theres also a very small tear in the seat.

If you see a bike that looks like this will you let me know

I hope you've learned a valuable life lesson from this experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Deserved to have your bike nicked: no.
    Asking to have your bike nicked: absolutely.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭bluevelvet

Whats the nearest bike shop to GMIT Dublin road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Was just typing out a post in the GMIT. Sorry to read this but go Liosbaun and I think they have a bikeshop around there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Alright guys. OP probably feels like shít as is; no point rubbing salt in the wound.

bluevelvet, have you a picture of your bike so we internet folks can keep an eye out, and not be clotheslining everyone that cycles past on a blue and silver bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭bluevelvet

The cctv turned up nothing so im relying on it turning up somewhere now.
    Heres a pic. Its got a lamp taped to the left handle bar. Theres also a tiny piece of white string tied to the body.

TlWVLH1
    https://imgur.com/TlWVLH1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭ratracer

I found my bicycle stolen today.

An open and shut case if ever I heard one, no need for CSI here :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭MaggotBrain

Any bike worth stealing I know of that was found again, ended up down in Limerick on adverts.ie / donedeal. It would be worth your while to keep an eye out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭whineflu

Any bike worth stealing I know of that was found again, ended up down in Limerick on adverts.ie / donedeal. It would be worth your while to keep an eye out.

Don't mean to cause offence but OP's bike is not worth transporting. There are a couple of similar and better bikes in Galway area on Adverts ATM for around €70.
    Money doesn't grow on trees etc. but its not exactly a huge hole in the pocket either.
    Unlocked bikes get stolen. Life lesson learned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭MaggotBrain

whineflu wrote: »
    Don't mean to cause offence but OP's bike is not worth transporting. There are a couple of similar and better bikes in Galway area on Adverts ATM for around €70.
    Money doesn't grow on trees etc. but its not exactly a huge hole in the pocket either.
    Unlocked bikes get stolen. Life lesson learned.

Yea saw the picture and would agree. Take a drive around locally and you'd have more luck spotting it.

Advertisement