Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pharmacology confusion!

Options
  • 16-10-2014 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

As I go to a school in a deprived area and let's face it I haven't put enough work in to get 565 points I've decided I'm going to do a pharmacy technician course in DIT.

Being a pharmacy technician is something that really excites me. And in general I'm driven more by passion than money.

This isn't a huge problem for me but I was just looking for some answers.

Is it possible to become a pharmasist after many years of experience is there a choice to move on?
    Or even so is there an optional available for mature students to do a pharmacology course to become a pharmasist.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 RosiexoPosie

As I go to a school in a deprived area and let's face it I haven't put enough work in to get 565 points I've decided I'm going to do a pharmacy technician course in DIT.

Being a pharmacy technician is something that really excites me. And in general I'm driven more by passion than money.

This isn't a huge problem for me but I was just looking for some answers.

Is it possible to become a pharmasist after many years of experience is there a choice to move on?
    Or even so is there an optional available for mature students to do a pharmacology course to become a pharmasist.

As far as I know ,once you starting working as a pharmacy technician within 5 years the pharmacy itself may sponsor you to go on to do pharmacy _ thats what my career guidance teacher said to me .

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pugsforbubbles

As far as I know ,once you starting working as a pharmacy technician within 5 years the pharmacy itself may sponsor you to go on to do pharmacy _ thats what my career guidance teacher said to me .

Really? That has motivate me a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

As I go to a school in a deprived area and let's face it I haven't put enough work in to get 565 points I've decided I'm going to do a pharmacy technician course in DIT

I don't see how going to a school in a "deprived" area should really make any difference. You don't have to go to a private or grinds school to get high points.

As for not doing enough work. There is still plenty of time for you to start really working hard. You don't have to be doing 2 or 3 hours of study a day but even just starting to do an extra hour or half this weekend. You're as well to give it a try now and see if you can get it as doing another course with the hope of doing pharmacy.

Blue giant wrote: »
    I don't see how going to a school in a "deprived" area should really make any difference. You don't have to go to a private or grinds school to get high points.

As for not doing enough work. There is still plenty of time for you to start really working hard. You don't have to be doing 2 or 3 hours of study a day but even just starting to do an extra hour or half this weekend. You're as well to give it a try now and see if you can get it as doing another course with the hope of doing pharmacy.

Well the teacher employed in my schools wouldn't have the best qualifications and apparently the average grade recieved by leaving cert classes each year is about 250 in my school.

This week one of the nights I spent 5 hrs just doing homework. It's hard to find the time with all the homework!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

Well the teacher employed in my schools wouldn't have the best qualifications and apparently the average grade recieved by leaving cert classes each year is about 250 in my school.

This week one of the nights I spent 5 hrs just doing homework. It's hard to find the time with all the homework!

That doesn't mean that you have to get 250 points. In my own school there wouldn't exactly be a history of high achievers but I won't let that stop me. I don't understand when you say that your teachers wouldn't have the best qualifications. I'm sure they're all qualified to teach their relevant subjects.

You seem to be making a lot of excuses for not doing well. Tbh it sounds like if you spent more time working rather than making excuses you might start to do better.

• Advertisement

Blue giant wrote: »
    That doesn't mean that you have to get 250 points. In my own school there wouldn't exactly be a history of high achievers but I won't let that stop me. I don't understand when you say that your teachers wouldn't have the best qualifications. I'm sure they're all qualified to teach their relevant subjects.

You seem to be making a lot of excuses for not doing well. Tbh it sounds like if you spent more time working rather than making excuses you might start to do better.

I study every night and get good grades but, I'm not going to get 600 points and I know that. I wasn't asking for advice on how to get that amount of points. I said that being a pharmacy technician alone would please me and that I was just curious about wheater you can move on from that. I'd be happy to stay as one but I was just wondering.

To be fair the first statement is irrelevant and I shouldn't of included it. I'm sorry...

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Buttercup78

Just remember pharmacology and becoming a pharmacist are completely different fields. Easiest way of explaining it is pharmacologists are usually involved in the production of the drugs, and pharmacists are involved in the dispensing and distribution of the drugs.
    Afaik a good few Unis have a system that if you complete x amount of years in a certain DIT course you can parachute into second year.

Advertisement