Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One S WiFi Hotspot issue

Options
  • 16-10-2014 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi

I have been using my HTC One S as a wifi hotspot to work on my laptop when out of broadband areas and it had been working fine until recently.

Now when I go to 'turn on wifi hotspot' on the phone it says it is ready but the little hotspot icon no longer shows on the top of the phone and the phone itself does not show on the list of devices that can be seen by my laptop.

Any thoughts or advice would be welcome!

(Oh and I am on 3 All You Can Eat Data, but am well under the fair usage policy, so it can't have anything to do with this can it?!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

Lachako wrote: »
    Hi

I have been using my HTC One S as a wifi hotspot to work on my laptop when out of broadband areas and it had been working fine until recently.

Now when I go to 'turn on wifi hotspot' on the phone it says it is ready but the little hotspot icon no longer shows on the top of the phone and the phone itself does not show on the list of devices that can be seen by my laptop.

Any thoughts or advice would be welcome!

(Oh and I am on 3 All You Can Eat Data, but am well under the fair usage policy, so it can't have anything to do with this can it?!)

I had this issue, I just backed everything up and did a factory reset from settings, problem sorted for me. Pain in the arse, but the reset did the phone a world of good, it was much smoother and faster after.

When I had the same issue, tether over Bluetooth and Usb still worked.

Hope that helps, it did for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Lachako

Thanks Mr Keek!

I'm not particularly 'down' with phone technology and don't have the manual for the phone any longer! How do I backup the phone (I'm guessing this is for phone numbers etc?) and how do I do a factory reset (just in 'Settings' is it?)

Thanks again for taking the time to help.

Advertisement