Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screen Unseen

Options
  • 16-10-2014 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Just checked The Odeon, Naas site. On Monday 20th October there is a "mystery" film on whose title they won't disclose until the curtain goes up, so to speak. Has anyone any experience of this and is it worth a punt on spec? I thought it might be Fury, but that is showing as a preview on Tuesday. I would hate to spend good money on this to discover it's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles or some such dross. I cannot think of any really interesting films coming out which I am looking forward to that this might be. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bellinter

did a similar thing in the Savoy a number of years back for the end of the film festival... The film was "Hamlet 2". Needless to say I never went again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

bellinter wrote: »
    did a similar thing in the Savoy a number of years back for the end of the film festival... The film was "Hamlet 2". Needless to say I never went again.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! That's so hilariously shitty, I would rage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

I would hate to spend good money on this to discover it's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    No chance of that, it's already had preview screenings here.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Arkaron

Well I don't know if it's any indication, but the 'trailer' from the film page uses quotes from Nightcrawler... and I guess since the release is on October 31, it's an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

Ticket booked for tomorrow night. Hoping for Fury or Interstellar...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Telecaster58

Deisler wrote: »
    Ticket booked for tomorrow night. Hoping for Fury or Interstellar...
    Fury is on Tuesday night anyway, not much point to that

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭franer1970

Fury is on Tuesday night anyway, not much point to that

Fury starts on Wednesday I believe.

There's a preview of Nightcrawler at Cineworld this evening too, so looking more likely that's what It'll be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

Tickets booked for Blanch tonight, I hope for her sake its not TMNT(she hates rats)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I'd nearly guarantee it's 'Nightcrawler'. Which I'm happy with.

Edit: the trailer for this on YouTube uses a quote from the trailer for the film. Guaranteed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

Not long to go till the #HornsMovie premiere at @ODEONCinemas... http://t.co/8pfq6MgAsh

Its Horns...what a bummer :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

Turned out it was Nightcrawler, excellent film(but that’s for another thread)

We went in early to get the back row so seen the staff setting up a isense stand. They then asked us did we want a picture taken and it would be on the Facebook page and to answer questions afterwards.

Mostly full cinema, but seemed a handful answered the questions
    What was the experience like?
    1-10 for the film
    Would you come again?

Unfortunately for odeon they always seem to get a good idea and do it wrong (I’ve been to isense launch and Spiderman 2 premier in the point)

They could have
    Hints leading up to the film
    Suspend online booking fee
    Have a competition to guess the film with prices like small drink or popcorn as prizes
    Even double premier points

Advertisement