Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice as to how to go about getting a Horse Share in South Dublin

Options
  • 15-10-2014 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi there, I'm looking for advice on doing a horse share in South Dublin with a friend of mine.
    I'm from Kerry & she's from Cork, we both have a degree in Equine Science from UL but alas now both have office jobs M-F 9-6.
    I'm unsure of livery yards in Dublin or how to contact owners who would like to get into a 3way arrangement or even the costs involved...
    I've looked for similar posts on a Boards but they all seem a bit old.
    Any views or advice welcome! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭bob1984

I think my best advice would be to contact either Livery Yards or Riding School in the area that you are thinking of and ask if they have any suitable horses available and go from there.

Otherwise there are a lot of share ads on sites such as donedeal etc.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

I've edited your title OP. If you want to advertise you're looking for a horse share, then you can post in the Horse Share thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Marsh123

I have a horse to share 3 days a week but would only be interested in sharing with one other person message me if interested in this and costs there could possibly be another horse to share at the same yard for your friend also :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

You could post an ad on the likes of DoneDeal too OP, but your best bet is through Livery Yards and word of mouth. I got my mare on loan at the yard where I was originally taking lessons. You just get to know people and they pass on potential horses to you then.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

This thread is just for advising the OP - if you are looking for a horse share or have a horse to offer, then you can post in the specific 'horse share' thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 whatif...

convert wrote: »
    This thread is just for advising the OP - if you are looking for a horse share or have a horse to offer, then you can post in the specific 'horse share' thread.

Hi there, I'm not sure if you still want me to move this thread to the horse share page? I'm unsure how to do this? I'm looking at this on my iphone? Thanks

Advertisement