Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recovering pictures from galaxy s3 with a broken screen

Options
  • 15-10-2014 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

hi i am looking for advice on trying to recover pictures from a phone with a broken screen. dropped my phone earlier and broke the screen. the staff in the phone shop reckoned that unless you could unlock the screen then it could not be done. any help or ideas would be appreciated as i have some photos of my newborn daughter that i would love to recover. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

if you take this to one of the Chinese phone shops (I recommend the one on Georges St. beside the Mall) ask them to replace the screen but not to wipe the phone and you will be grand. A mate had the same problem recently with the original S1 and was sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Why can't you just plug the phone into a computer and use Explorer to go to the DCIM folder?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

Another possibility is to connect the phone to a TV via MHL and use that as the screen

• Registered Users Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭droidman123

if you have sync enabled you can use a laptop to log in to your google account and all your pics will be there on the cloud.

edit: I,m assuming its an android phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Why can't you just plug the phone into a computer and use Explorer to go to the DCIM folder?

Doesn't TouchWiz require you to enable the connection each time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Download Kies and back it up. Did it last night with a Note 2 with a wrecked screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭cpg093

Thanks for all the replies. Will try this evening and see how I get on

Advertisement