Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wolverhampton 7.30 tomorrow night

Options
  • 15-10-2014 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭

I was just looking at tomorrows 7.30 race at Wolverhampton as PP is giving money back on 2nd and 3rd, as a free bet.

Attheraces site says high draw is best at top while ATR verdict underneath indicates that low draw is best.

I reckon the low draw is the best but now have my doubts.

Does anyone know for sure if the best draw is high or low?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Just googled it there, it's all as clear as mud now:

WOLVERHAMPTON RACECOURSE

Wolverhampton racecourse is a strange place being situated in the middle of a housing estate. It has a hotel on site but overall is a pretty heartless place to visit in person. Even the parade ring is all weather. The course has floodlights and regularly host Saturday night fixtures. wolverhampton racecourse

Key Characteristics

Wolverhampton racecourse is a left handed all-weather course. They have now become the first UK racecourse to use a Tapeta racing surface, with the first meeting on Tapeta being held on the 11th August 2014. It is still early days for Tapeta but it appears to resemble the Fibresand of Southwell, more than the Polytack of the other all weather courses, with it proving difficult to make up ground from the rear, and also suiting those US dirt sires which are also successful at Southwell.

The course is only a mile all the way round and its oval shape means that it is very similar in configuration to most US racetracks. Wolverhampton is tight with a short straight and like most of the all-weather tracks tends to suit horses that race handy, as it’s very difficult to come from a long way behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,461 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I have been following the draw for the new surface and no matter what distance a race is run over, I have yet to see any noticeable bias. Of course it is still very early days so any statistical analysis isn't exactly watertight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

High draw is hardly a positive especially if the horse likes to race handy. Low draw is what you want

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    I was just looking at tomorrows 7.30 race at Wolverhampton as PP is giving money back on 2nd and 3rd, as a free bet.

Attheraces site says high draw is best at top while ATR verdict underneath indicates that low draw is best.

I reckon the low draw is the best but now have my doubts.

Does anyone know for sure if the best draw is high or low?

is this online or in shops and when does the free bet have to be used by?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Here are the conditions for the freebet if your horse finishes 2nd or 3rd. Online bets.

CONDITIONS

Money back as a free bet if your horse finishes 2nd or 3rd in one race each day Applies to singles only. Applies to win singles and the win part of each way singles only. Applies to Win or Each Way market only. Free bet stake not returned. Free bet will be available to use on any horse racing market for 7 days from when it is credited. Max refund EUR/GBP 50 per customer per race. Does not apply to Phone, Shop or Tote bets. Paddy Power racing rules apply. Paddy Power reserves the right in its discretion to exclude and/or limit the availability of the offer to certain customers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

backed verse of love , think it'll improve since chepstow and extra weight is lighter on tapata

Advertisement