Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part time education option

Options
  • 15-10-2014 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi anyone know if one can receive part time education allowance whilst studying part time and possibly take a part time job also? Any info appreciated
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

With the Part-Time Education Option you remain on a Jobseekers payment and retain any other secondary benefits while being allowed to study part time. Any earnings from part time work would immediately affect your Jobseekers payment and possibly any secondary benefits.
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/back_to_education/part_time_education_option.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11 suzycurr

Hi thanks very much for the info- excuse my ignorance but still a bit unsure as to what this means...would I still be able to receive PTE option + receive a reduced amount of JSA whilst working around 3 days a week....? Sorry for the grilling just hoping to get the facts clear before applying!

As technically I would remain available to take up full time work!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

suzycurr wrote: »
    Hi thanks very much for the info- excuse my ignorance but still a bit unsure as to what this means...would I still be able to receive PTE option + receive a reduced amount of JSA whilst working around 3 days a week....? Sorry for the grilling just hoping to get the facts clear before applying!

I am not sure. Someone else here may know and you would need to check it out with the Dept of Social Protection anyway.
    You should be able to work part time because you are obliged to take any job offer made to you and a Jobseekers payment means any amount of a Jobseekers payment, not necessarily for a full unemployed week.

Cool- Thanks for the info!

• Advertisement
Advertisement