Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wednesday 15th October

Options
  • 14-10-2014 10:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭

3:25 Wetherby - Tidal Way 4/1

Was backed off the boards lto at Bangor as if defeat was out of the question, when trying to win the same race as 12 months previous off the same mark.
    He was only getting into the race when stumbled and unseated 3 out, and has been dropped another 2lb, making him look a good price to make amends for trainer Charlie Longsdon whose horses are in good form (as they always seem to be this time of year).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Up in class and better opposition. Goodwood mirage form looks the best and has had a spin on the flat to shake off the cobwebs. That looks a tough race.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

A horse I had in the tracker for many months is racing today. Lto he wasn't great, Bishop takes the ride again. Has to concede weight all round. But won on this C&D before. 11/1 I'll be on. Few bob nothing major.

Lucky Di 11/1 3:35 Lingfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

17:05 Meeting Wetherby

Wetherby Racecourse And Conference Centre Novices' Limited Handicap Chase

4 declared - 3 non-runners!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭dmrules

Luap wrote: »
    A horse I had in the tracker for many months is racing today. Lto he wasn't great, Bishop takes the ride again. Has to concede weight all round. But won on this C&D before. 11/1 I'll be on. Few bob nothing major.

Nice one...thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭droidman123

BumperD wrote: »
    Up in class and better opposition. Goodwood mirage form looks the best and has had a spin on the flat to shake off the cobwebs. That looks a tough race.

Nice one bumper,didn't have a shilling in it,hope you got a few bob off it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Nice one bumper,didn't have a shilling in it,hope you got a few bob off it.

Not a red cent on it I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

BumperD wrote: »

I looked at him myself but it says a lot about a trainer when you deliberately will not back a horse because of who it's trained by in case it's not trying. Always a big risk you take with one of Jonjo's

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Andalucia

I looked at him myself but it says a lot about a trainer when you deliberately will not back a horse because of who it's trained by in case it's not trying. Always a big risk you take with one of Jonjo's

Seems to be a change in how stable are operating these days.
    Whilst it used to be a stable that liked to line them out,feel they are messing around less with them, as seen by the treble today with horses off decent breaks
    Seem to have much higher class animals than 3/4 years ago
    Good wood Mirage won on debut last year then disappointed thereafter. Will be deja vu this year

Had a great feeling about this horse, delighted! Hope some few got on.

Runs again tonight at Kempton. 12/1 another big price and drawn better then lto.

Should be a threat.

• Advertisement
Advertisement