Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Guarantee

Options
  • 14-10-2014 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭

This looks like it will be an interesting film not so sure I would go to the cinema to see though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,450 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Another clip of this

They are trying to make all these guys out to be nefarious gangsters. In my opinion the reality is they were just incompetent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

They are trying to make all these guys out to be nefarious gangsters. In my opinion the reality is they were just incompetent.

They knew what they were at.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,045 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought this was going to be on TV3 this year, didn't realise it was getting a cinema release

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    They knew what they were at.

tbh I think people want to think that.

They did not know what they were doing. They were utterly incompetent. That's my view anyway.

P.S video above deleted but it's on independent.ie

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/movies/movie-news/video-exclusive-new-clip-of-irish-film-the-guarantee-30684736.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Doesn't look like cineworld is showing us :mad: least swords is and its closer to me, but still.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,225 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

As JP Liz said, it's on TV3 very soon.

Yeah but I like the cinema :pac:

By all accounts I have read this looks a poor movie. Full of holes. For example how could this call have been recorded on the in house recording system if he was using a mobile? Seriously?

I suspect oversight like this plague this film. And with it's ultra low budget (only €600,000 I think) don't expect much. It's only hope is the actors carry it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Any reviews that I've heard have been bad - subject has already been done to death in the media and I might watch on DVD (bought from a charity shop) in about ten years time. 0/10 :D

Yep every review is not kind. It's clearly out of it's depth in the cinema. Apparently Coonan plays two characters and predictably it's a car crash. Also the reviewer in the Irish Times found the not subtle TV3 advertising throughout the film irritating.

• Advertisement

Yeah it wasn't the greatest cinematic experience I've ever had. Least it only cost a fiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Any reviews that I've heard have been bad - subject has already been done to death in the media and I might watch on DVD (bought from a charity shop) in about ten years time. 0/10 :D

It will be the TV3 Christmas Day movie. I'll wait for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,045 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It will be the TV3 Christmas Day movie. I'll wait for that.

Between TV3 and 3e it will shown many many times over Xmas

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

When is this going to be shown? I might like to watch it, wonder will it go at it from the beginning and explain everything. Wouldn't waste xmas day on it though..

Advertisement