Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blocked washing machine waste pipe.

Options
  • 14-10-2014 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭

My sister just rang me to say that her washing machine overflowed. I suspect that it is the 2" waste pipe that has blocked. If it was the waste pipe coming from the machine i presume it wouldn't overflow. She has just moved into the house and the machine probably wasn't used for a few weeks. Would this be the cause of the blocksge? Any ideas on how to unblock this? Mr muscle drain unblocker/wire hanger?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Probably a coin in the washing machine waste itself, pull the machine out and pour water from a jug down the white 2" waste pipe if that gets away its not blocked .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

Check the filter first - blocked filter will prevent the machine from draining.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Check the filter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

stoneill wrote: »
    Check the filter first - blocked filter will prevent the machine from draining.

And over flowing ?
    It won't overflow if its a blocked filter.

Mr. Muscle or a plunged pump €12 needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Thanks folks. I'll check those things tomorrow. If it is the 2" thats blocked - any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

scudo2 wrote: »
    And over flowing ?

My machine overflows with a blocked filter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Could be the drain hose of the washing machine pushed too far down the stand pipe too.

Sometimes that can cause fluff to build up and it gets blocked. It shouldn't really be jammed down the whole way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Stheno wrote: »
    My machine overflows with a blocked filter
    It really shouldnt to me that would be a design flaw, or else a switch not working as it should

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

scudo2 wrote: »
    And over flowing ?

Where would I be able to buy a plunger pump ?
    (I'm in Galway)

Advertisement