Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrows arrived with nocks at an angle

Options
  • 14-10-2014 4:12pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 218 ✭✭

Hi,

I am a newbie. My first arrows have just arrived, but some of the nocks are not straight (not in line with the arrow).

Is is OK to straighten them myself, or do they need special equipment, or to be returned?

I am not sure if this is to be expected when arrows are sent in the post.

If I can/should straighten them myself, is there any advice on how to do this?

Many thanks,

Fintan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

Do you have a picture? What are the arrows made from? (Wood/ Aluminium/ Carbon)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 218 ✭✭CelticPhantom

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

They are Carbon arrows. They have a hole in the end of the arrow that part of the nock fits into. I am not sure if I should pull them out and the push them back in, or not pull them out and try to force them back into the hole. Would I be doing damage if I move them at all?

Sorry if this is a basic question. I am new to archery and these are my first arrows.

Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

You might want to be careful if they are carbon arrows. It won't do any damage if you pull them out, as long as the shaft isn't already damaged. Have a look around where the nock is inserted and make sure there are no splinters before you do anything.
    You may need to heat the area up slightly, too, before you'll be able to pull out the nocks. But that depends on the type of glue that was used to fix them in. Most places will use HotMelt.
    When fixing the nocks back in place, remember to line them up correctly with the cock feather.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

CelticPhantom, it strikes me you need some hands on help. Maybe in more regards than fitting nocks. Are you a member of any club?

A club should be able to help you out with this and many other queries including proper shooting technique and safety matters.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

Advertisement