Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smuggler's Cove

Options
  • 14-10-2014 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭

I know he won very well at Dundalk on Friday and it may not have been the greatest Listed race in the world, but I saw his sectionals this morning

He did the last 3 furlongs in 33.5. To put that into perspective Dundalk is considered a slow all weather surface. The best 2 year old Tiggy Wiggy won the gr.1 Cheveley Park on good to firm ground ran the final 3 in 33.42 over a furlong less with a 3lb weight allowance

This could be a really good one

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Breeders Cup 2 year old Turf race?

Looked very impressive, a serious specimen for a 2 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

Is he not in the dew Hurst on friday ? . Might be tempted if he was but the ground could be a massive concern

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Is he not in the dew Hurst on friday ? . Might be tempted if he was but the ground could be a massive concern
    He is and the other decent O'Brien horses in it are mostly War Fronts who really don't like it soft. There are some good form lines in that Dundalk maiden and this fella definitely looks Group class. Wouldn't be too worried about the ground for him he'll stay 10f as a 3yo no problem and might relish a slog at Newmarket.

@PeintreCelebre, a top class Fastnet Rock might finally have turned up.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,461 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Ground at Newmarket being reported as soft.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

11/2 tissue price for tomorrow will he go on the ground?

• Advertisement

I think he will and the other one i was interested - Maftool - will hate the ground I think as he is by hard spun.
    11/2 looks good value to me

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Nuts102 wrote: »
    11/2 tissue price for tomorrow will he go on the ground?

Just got 13/2 in PP. Most of the Fastnet Rocks go well on soft ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Gringo180 wrote: »

Bit early to say unless you've a good knowledge of Australian form. Quick look through his group 1 winners, one produced his best run on heavy, most like quick ground but can act on softish ground. It's hard to know just how bad they call heavy over there that could be British soft

Bit early to say unless you've a good knowledge of Australian form. Quick look through his group 1 winners, one produced his best run on heavy, most like quick ground but can act on softish ground. It's hard to know just how bad they call heavy over there that could be British soft

True enough but I would say he is more likely to appreciate a bit of cut than not. Fascinating Rock would be a good marker, pretty sure he won a race on bottomless ground this year :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Andalucia

True enough but I would say he is more likely to appreciate a bit of cut than not. Fascinating Rock would be a good marker, pretty sure he won a race on bottomless ground this year :confused:

The ground is going to be shocking bad.not far off waterlogging if they get much rain tonight.very few horses go on ground that bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

9/2 now

Going to leave it alone. That ground has gone to **** now and its a lottery. Probably win by ten lengths !

Timeform have him rated higher than Ivawood

Nuts102 wrote: »
    9/2 now

4s now from 13/2 in the space of a few hours.

Still think you're taking a big chance backing on that ground. Surely better 4/1 shots this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭shmeee

4s now from 13/2 in the space of a few hours.

Ladbrokes 3/1, take note!

And that was at 6 this evening when they went straight from 11/2 into 3s.

Pass no heed of Ladbrokes. They were a stand out 7/1 for a while. All that 'Ladbrokes know' is absolute bull ****. Surely if any of them had knowledge it'd be Victor Chandler given their owner is a partner in Coolmore

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭shmeee

Pass no heed of Ladbrokes. They were a stand out 7/1 for a while. All that 'Ladbrokes know' is absolute bull ****. Surely if any of them had knowledge it'd be Victor Chandler given their owner is a partner in Coolmore

Oh I know it's mostly bull but I'd still have a look at their prices to see and 3's is very short on him.

They are tight arsed ***** anyway price wise and wouldn't lay me more than €11 on a 8/1 shot last week like!

Still think you're taking a big chance backing on that ground. Surely better 4/1 shots this weekend

This horse will be like Red Marauder in the mud he'll love it :pac:

Smugglers Cove being talked up.

• Advertisement

Thought the horse hated the ground.

Worth following lope de vega projeny on this ground. 2 easy winners today in a group three and group one.

Advertisement