Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westmeath Ministers

Options
  • 14-10-2014 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭

Hi All!,
    I think this is the right thread for this topic and if not I'm sure a mod could swap it please.

I'm doing some research into sports capital grants, local sports partnership money and lottery grants for Westmeath.

I'm wondering what politicians were elected from the Westmeath region to the Dáil/Seanad between 2009 and 2014. I know Willie Penrose was a super junior minister but I'm wondering if there is anybody else as both 2009 and 2012 are well over the adjoining years for money received. Just trying to answer a theory I have in mind.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,531 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Hi All!,
    I think this is the right thread for this topic and if not I'm sure a mod could swap it please.

I'm doing some research into sports capital grants, local sports partnership money and lottery grants for Westmeath.

I'm wondering what politicians were elected from the Westmeath region to the Dáil/Seanad between 2009 and 2014. I know Willie Penrose was a super junior minister but I'm wondering if there is anybody else as both 2009 and 2012 are well over the adjoining years for money received. Just trying to answer a theory I have in mind.

Thanks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longford%E2%80%93Westmeath_(D%C3%A1il_%C3%89ireann_constituency)#2007_general_election

2007 General Election
    Mary O'Rourke (FF)
    Willie Penrose (LAB)
    Peter Kelly (FF)
    James Bannon (FG)

2011 General Election
    Willie Penrose (LAB)
    Robert Troy (FF)
    James Bannon (FG)
    Nicky McFadden (FG- RIP) Replaced by Gabrielle McFadden (FG) after 2014 By-election.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

Thank you. There is nobody really big in 2009 then so I presume it just must have been a give away year for FF/GP. 2012 probably increased due to promises made in the bye-election.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭bog master

You may be interested in these figures I compiled a few years ago with Lotto Grants to the individual counties and a relationship with Minister of Finance and Minister for Sport who disbursed the grants and of course election time!

Bogger

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭stooge

ORourke <-> Lenihen link could be the key for 2009. Lenihen was MoF 2008-2011.

• Advertisement
Advertisement