Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This forum and a thanks to many here

Options
  • 14-10-2014 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Hey guys.

When I first joined boards in 2010, I was fat, out of shape and never thought I'd have a hope of recapturing any decent type of athletic achievement. Through a 4 year period or so I have gotten so much out of this forum. I've made friends/ lost weight/ run faster/ learned how to run marathons and gotten great laughs.

As has been painfully apparent to many of you over the last few months it just hasn't been fun for me. I've gotten in petty argument- popped off at people, been narky w/ no sense of humour and have been having most of my training discussions outside of the fora (but still many of those with people I've met here).

I've cancelled three accounts and each time been dragged back in by the pull of all the good things I've gotten out of here. All the really interesting and decent people I've met along the way.

I have however reached the end of my rope here. I've gotten into it w/ a complete troll and his merry band of sycophantic lackeys who believe the ridiculous, mean, haughty, arrogant and frankly stupid bull**** he spouts. They have hid behind words like " attacks" and "bullying" whenever questioned and have resisted repeated attempts to squash the issues they have w/ me/ I have with them.

I've reported posts to mods/ reacted (sometimes poorly) and have finally decided its not doing me or anyone else any good. I've appealed to the mods for mediation (looks like it isn't really an option) so have decided for my own sanity to finally an completely exit this place for good.

I think its really sad that this couldn't have ended in a more positive way but to be honest (unlike any of the people who've been spouting off at me) I have goal races/ marathons coming up and I frankly don't need the distractions.

I plan on hopefully in the next couple of weeks setting up a forum where people who are interested in actually talking about real running and racing who may be sick of the bs on boards can come and chat but for now I just need to step away and get my mind body ready for racing... I'm not looking for any thanks here or anybody fighting my corner (I'd be more than capable of dealing w/ these fools myself anyways).

So thanks to all my friends here (and that includes 99 percent of you) and to the rest f you very much. I'll see pretty much all of you here at the races- except the very trolls who've driven me off. Take care all and go easy....

Andy

(ps if anyone wants to keep in touch especially w/ Boston etc coming up- any of the TAC boys would have my contact details and please do catch me on FB or whatever.... anyways.. see later all (for the absolute last time)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Stazza

Good luck in Frankfurt, Andy.

The Running Master.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Genuinely sorry to see you go but can understand how it must have been wrecking your head. Best of luck with your goals & happy running. C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭pa4

I have however reached the end of my rope here. I've gotten into it w/ a complete troll and his merry band of sycophantic lackeys who believe the ridiculous, mean, haughty, arrogant and frankly stupid bull**** he spouts. They have hid behind words like " attacks" and "bullying" whenever questioned and have resisted repeated attempts to squash the issues they have w/ me/ I have with them.

There was really no need for that

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement