Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petrol garage Ballyvolane

Options
  • 14-10-2014 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭

The one across from Dunnes on the North Ring.
    Anyone know what's going on with the place?
    They've had no fuel the last few times I was in there, it's a pity, they seemed to be doing ok since they installed the costa machine.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

unpaid bills

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

The Texaco? Thought there was a problem with the pumps that's why they've been closed on and off...

The Texaco? Thought there was a problem with the pumps that's why they've been closed on and off...

ya big problem feck all juice to put into them;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

ya big problem feck all juice to put into them;)

Strange through, they have been spending money on the place in odd ways the last few months, pumps have been an issue for a long time as well.
    Silly way to run a business imo.

staff having a sit in now due to the gaff closing,,,,,,
    what a time to be go without notice,,,,,,

• Advertisement

staff having a sit in now due to the gaff closing,,,,,,
    what a time to be go without notice,,,,,,

I was in there the other day, chatting to one of the staff on the radio this morning, they told one or two porkies to the media today.

Who told the porkies? The staff or the owners?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

54kroc wrote: »
    I was in there the other day, chatting to one of the staff on the radio this morning, they told one or two porkies to the media today.

Continue.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

why close it its good location no?

Yes and no. There's O'Callaghan's just round the corner. He's always had the more customers. I only used to use the Texaco if I couldn't be arsed to wait at O'Callaghan's...

From what I heard, it might also have helped if they concentrated on paying the bills for their core business (i.e. petrol!), rather than installing Costa Coffee machines!

• Advertisement

Who told the porkies? The staff or the owners?

It was a staff member, they knew it was closing.
    As I said in an earlier post money (or credit) has been spent in odd ways on the place by the owners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Looking at reports it seems the previous owners (up to last year) sold it or handed it over to the current company Highway Ltd who distribute texaco oil and which seems to be owned by Valero Fuels Ireland which is a subsiduary of Valero International - a HUGE company.

So there's no issue on the credit side or supply side - they have tankers full of fuel available to them!

What could have happened as has happened with other independent fuel retailers, is the supplier took over the business and made plans for it. In this case it seems the landlord wants to exert far too high a rent and Texoil has called their bluff and closed it - now the landlord is sitting ona premises that he/she could have had a huge multi national as a tenant and now will see it become derelict and probably rented for a much reduced amount.

What amazes me is that all this info is available witha bit of searching online, but journalists just don;t seem to have that ability and instead write made up rubbish just to fill inches.

Funny you say that as I've heard Tesco have an interest in the site.

54kroc wrote: »
    Funny you say that as I've heard Tesco have an interest in the site.

Is this in addition to the interest they have in the Fox and Hounds? Either way - if Tesco ever get in there? Finbar's fcuked!!

Is this in addition to the interest they have in the Fox and Hounds? Either way - if Tesco ever get in there? Finbar's fcuked!!

I think the Fox and Hounds along with the other pubs in that group are off the market.
    The stuff I heard about Tesco I'll believe when I see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Frog Song

A Tesco would do great business around there, always wondered why there was none on the Northside.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

Whats the latest from the Petrol Station in Ballyvolane?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,355 ✭✭✭ofcork

Finbarrs brother owned that garage originally!

That was a few years ago. Not sure how many though...

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭clerk

l think it's a disgrace by the owners. The employees should get their redundancy. No question or doubt about it and l'm well impressed with them standing up for their rights and l hope they get sorted as soon as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

Applegreen are meant to be moving into the premises.

Staff are still occupying the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

Unpaid bills/rent issues for the same company in the Galway petrol station.

2rdyqmq.jpg

Advertisement