Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

66% of adults don't wash their hands properly!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I touch people for a living, my hands are spotless!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

98% of clickbait statistics are made up on the spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I drink dettol and wee on my hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

'Properly' is a bit complicated.

Wet hands, fully apply soap lather to hands, leave for 15 seconds, rinse, dry.

How many people that haven't been trained / working in a food prep or manufacturing job would be aware of that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭KomradeBishop

"According to the World Health Organisation, washing your hands properly should take as long as singing 'Happy Birthday' twice."
    That's an extremely useful and informative way of measuring time. Think I'll go make something for lunch in about 50 Happy-Birthday's time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Global Handwashing Day?

Surely that should be everyday?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bluestrattos

You wash your hands but then you've to pull the door :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

Unless you are going to spend you life in a HazMat suit you are going to come into contact with germs & bugs. Accept this and learn to deal with it. This is why Mother Nature/your creator or whatever gave you a immune system.

That's not to say you should not adhere to some level of personal hygiene, but honestly some folks go to extremes IMHO.

There are tribes living happily in the Amazon rain forests who never heard of bleach, or soap or hand sanitiser etc, etc, etc and they are doing just fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

I was in a hospital in cork and went into the bathroom. I used the toilet came out and washed my hands. While I was drying my hands a lady came in. She had a stethoscope around her neck and was carrying some files. She put the files on a counter and went in and used the toilet. Then she came out and picked up the files and walked out without washing her hands. Wouldn't you just love her to be your doctor:eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Wouldn't you just love her to be your doctor:eek:

Washing her hands doesnt matter, was she hot? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I was in a hospital in cork and went into the bathroom. I used the toilet came out and washed my hands. While I was drying my hands a lady came in. She had a stethoscope around her neck and was carrying some files. She put the files on a counter and went in and used the toilet. Then she came out and picked up the files and walked out without washing her hands. Wouldn't you just love her to be your doctor:eek:

You must have taken an age drying those hands for all that to happen :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

jonny24ie wrote: »
    So Ireland is a nation of scruffs :P
    It gave no info of other countries, we could be the best & most frequent hand cleaners on the planet.

Washing her hands doesnt matter, was she hot? :P
    Not as hot as me:)
    Cormac... wrote: »
    You must have taken an age drying those hands for all that to happen :rolleyes:
    Oh I just love hanging out in bathrooms you never know who you could meet:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,031 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Washing hands is for nerds.

Especially if you don't mind a bit of pink eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Not as hot as me:)

Oh I just love hanging out in bathrooms you never know who you could meet:)

Suzanne Mc$hiteHands apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

So basically only 1 in three hands get washed OP?

Admittedly I only washed my right hand last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭crannglas

Seems to me the world is gone mad. Ireland got sicker the more they became afraid of a bit of dirt. Germs are majority good for you and prevents illness. Weak immunity I noticed these days. I am sick approximately once every five years. Shows you how many times a day I wash my hands. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

crannglas wrote: »
    Seems to me the world is gone mad. Ireland got sicker the more they became afraid of a bit of dirt. Germs are majority good for you and prevents illness. Weak immunity I noticed these days. I am sick approximately once every five years. Shows you how many times a day I wash my hands. :o

Hear hear. A bit of dirt never killed anyone. I'd eat food that fell in the ground and bring lunch on hikes with me where I can't wash my hands......I rarely get sick.

People these days are overly obsessed with washing and sanitizing their hands.

Hear hear. A bit of dirt never killed anyone. I'd eat food that fell in the ground and bring lunch on hikes with me where I can't wash my hands......I rarely get sick.

People these days are overly obsessed with washing and sanitizing their hands.

Manky hands manky face rolling in muck lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

I see this:

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/more-than-two-thirds-of-irish-adults-not-washing-hands-properly-645236.html

Now if they are real stats then I can only assume its going to get worse now that we are paying for water.

So Ireland is a nation of scruffs :P

Why?
    You use a little water, wet the hands, then use soap and work up a lather. Tap does not need to be running, Wash your hands thoroughly (there's a 6 step process., don't forget your wrists) THEN rinse the soap off. do not touch tap to close, use paper.

Most people Just touch water on their hands quickly and walk away.
    Or wash without soap.
    Or put soap, rub their palms 2 or 3 times and wash the soap away without actually doing anything with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

You wash your hands but then you touch the button on the hand drier.

When you wash your hands, you just spread the germs to different parts of your hand and onto the hand towel to dry them.

Speaking of germs, next time you drink from a can, think of where you're putting your mouth and where that can has been.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

What button? all the ones I've seen are automatic.
    When you wash your hands, you just spread the germs to different parts of your hand and onto the hand towel to dry them.
    thats why you use soap and warm water. to kill the germs.
    And paper towels, to dispose of after.
    Speaking of germs, next time you drink from a can, think of where you're putting your mouth and where that can has been.

I dont drink from cans, creeps me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

What button? all the ones I've seen are automatic.

thats why you use soap and warm water. to kill the germs.
    And paper towels, to dispose of after.

I dont drink from cans, creeps me out.

That's personal preference.

Not all hand driers are automatic and the hand towels apply to households as well, not just public toilets

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Maybe she was a proctologist and just thought 'ah whats the point'.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Uh? where has the can been?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

I touch people for a living, my hands are spotless!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

I wash my hands before I p1ss. I know what's on my lad, he's all shiny - I've generally no idea what's on my hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

crannglas wrote: »
    Manky hands manky face rolling in muck lol

Speak for yourself! My face is beautiful. :)

Maybe she was a proctologist and just thought 'ah whats the point'.

Maybe she was just down in the dumps because she was stuck at the bottom of her profession:)

• Advertisement

Speak for yourself! My face is beautiful. :)
    Pics or gtfo :p

Advertisement