Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2010 Ford Kuga

Options
  • 14-10-2014 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Just wondering what is a 'price to sell' for a 2010 Kuga, 75,000 miles. I have it listed on various car sale sites for €14,950, Im getting no genuine calls. Any help greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

Find out what you'll get for trade in for a new 142 model. That'll definitely be the price to sell it at.

Post a link to your ad. There might be something on it that's turning people off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Presume this is it?

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Ford/Kuga/ZETEC-2./201436226733010/advert?channel=CARS

You need to take better and more pictures, ideally after an exterior valet, I'd also stick new (standard) number plates on it.

Pics along these lines:
    http://www.carzone.ie/search/Ford/Kuga/Van-Zete/72414089863740740/advert?channel=CARS

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Im getting no genuine calls.
    What do you mean by this? Are you getting calls from scams? Or are people with an interest calling but taking it no further?

As for the ad, better pictures, loose the plate and give as much detail as possible. Is the car an import as you've listed miles?

Finally put it on donedeal too.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Meso Harney

Personally, I feel it's beyond the prices of the average private sale. Not to say you won't find someone, but many people baulk at 15k with no warranty on a private sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Donedeal is where its at.
    Its listed in miles so makes me think its 2 owners even if it isn't.
    Also, pic of interior says 31/3/14 which would also make me think there's something that's making it not sell.
    People pick up on small stuff like that.
    Geographically you're at a disadvantage. Nobody's gonna come from Dublin to look at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

And get it NCT'd!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Spookypixie

Thank you for all replies, I already have it on Donedeal, have just bumped it and have now updated photos of it on the other sites. Still not sure if I am over or under pricing it. After reading some of the replies I am now less confident of selling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Spookypixie

mullingar wrote: »
    And get it NCT'd!!

Car got its NCT in August!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 866 ✭✭✭renofan

Change the number plates and take better and more photos. I'd pass the ad by the way its presented now, looks rushed etc. Take the time to photo the keys, paper work, nct cert, interior, side shots, tyre condition, engine bay etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,120 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Those Kugas are difficult enough to sell second hand so no matter how cheap it may be it might take time to sell it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

bazz26 wrote: »
    Those Kugas are difficult enough to sell second hand so no matter how cheap it may be it might take time to sell it.

what reasons?

cerastes wrote: »
    what reasons?

Rear leg room is tight, they were not that cheap when new and people tend to prefer the like of the i35x and Sportage instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Don't know about the rest of the country, but those Kugas are all over the place in the wesht!!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Meso Harney

Rare enough in the east, more business owned commercials. Some very strong Hyundai and Kia dealers in this neck of the woods.

Rear leg room is tight, they were not that cheap when new and people tend to prefer the like of the i35x and Sportage instead.

Isnt the Kuga more on par with the Qashqai?
    I recal looking at one of those and thought the legroom in the back was no better than in the back of a focus.

Rare enough in the east, more business owned commercials. Some very strong Hyundai and Kia dealers in this neck of the woods.

I came across similar where a person couldn't shift a Hyundai SUV, ended up trading it in. In this case I dont think the engine goes over the 2litre cc, but some people may consider the mileage high or that the parrot kit might suggest its not a private car, which the mileage might suggest anyway. Ive no idea what those engines are like.
    The updated pictures, to me at least still dont look great, multiple shots of the same thing, not centered, not level, and the engine running with the engine management light on?? no mention of the lower tax? benefit or when it's out, doesn't look driven as the temp gauge isn't even at operating temp, so either no time spent getting car prepared would concern me as to how much time was spent on dealing with car problems or maintenance. Dont know why it needs to be explained why a car is being sold for a genuine reason either?

cerastes wrote: »
    Isnt the Kuga more on par with the Qashqai?
    I recal looking at one of those and thought the legroom in the back was no better than in the back of a focus.

The Kuga has Focus underpinnings but does compete with the likes of the ix35 and Sportage. Qashqai is more a crossover.

The Kuga has Focus underpinnings but does compete with the likes of the ix35 and Sportage. Qashqai is more a crossover.

I actually meant the Kuga seems in the same size bracket as the Qashqai, it looks pretty much the same size as the original qashqai to me, the Kuga may have the chassis of the focus but it also appears to have bigger wheels and one assumes suspension to go with that, than a standard focus sized car,on both models compared to the Focus or focus sized vehicles. There appears to be very little in the difference, I looked at the original Qashqai years ago, but was dissapointed both to find they had no modernised (at the time) almera type option, and how little room was in the back of the original Qashqai, it was like an inverse tardus, big on the outside and suprisingly small inside, maybe I was just disappointed with not having an uprated almera/pulsar option to supercede the sickening Tiida.
    I had no want or need of a Qashqai (although they seem to have done a u turn on the almera, with the Pulsar, anyway).
    Id have considered all the kuga, qashqai (getting tired of spelling that now, jeezs), ix35 all crossovers from their smaller category sized offerings to the next step up, although the Qashqai+2 upped the game with the +2, other than that.
    Anyway, it looks like a clean car, not my own taste, just could be better presented.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Qashqai was based on Megane so fair comparison IMO

"Based on" means very little these days though.

Advertisement