Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin IM 70.3 - Opinion poll

Options
  • 14-10-2014 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭

Hers a Poll ( hopefully it works )

I thought it made sense to do two categories of no, as the race wont appeal to some becasue of the distance, rather than just zero appeal in a 70.30 IM race in Dublin

Are you interested in Dublin IM 70.3 33 votes

No i have no interest - due to distance
    0% 0 votes
    No I have no interest in a 70.3 IM branded race in Dublin
    15% 5 votes
    Undecided
    36% 12 votes
    Yes - I will be signing up
    48% 16 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

I think it would need a few more options
    i am unlikely to do the race ( timing -possible other goals -and the price tag , but i think its positive for triathlon and dublin
    the race will sell out ( there will be no doubt in the first year) so i think this is more the question do people think its good to have a big triathlon in dublin ( and for the sake of it lets assume that the people that dealing with the route and closure have more experience than the combined expert knowledge on boards and more than 1 year has passed since the idea to have a race came up )

C are people interested in spectating ( which i am ) despite the fact that the pro purse is only 15000 Us and it is unlikley to attract a better field than galway.

I guess the price tag for the race is the same for everyIM race in europe so another poll could be who is prepared to pay and who not or c for a special occasion only ( like first one, or to qualifiy for the world champs)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

thats a whole different realm of questions/info though. this isnt a marketing survey :p its just a very simple one to find out the interest from boardsies in doing the race or not. Will leave it to IMs marketing team to dig deeper into peoples thoughts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

I would do this race next year but taking a year out from tri to become a donkey farmer on the bike.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I wont be doing it as I had to plan out my year already, and it wasn't open and it was/is very uncertain, so now it doesn't fit with what I did enter. (There was no option for this answer in the poll ;) ). I would have liked to do it, home turf and all that, but long distance stuff needs a lot of forward planning for me, I would have needed it confirmed sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

For those who answerd no, on raceday next year will you....
    (a) be otherwise engaged/outside Dublin
    (b) volunteer at the race
    (c) spectate at the race
    (d) ignore the race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Shedite27 wrote: »
    For those who answerd no, on raceday next year will you....
    (a) be otherwise engaged/outside Dublin
    (b) volunteer at the race
    (c) spectate at the race
    (d) ignore the race.

Ill be in lilliput. If I wasn't racing elsewhere I'd effectively ignore the race, you know, due to the fact I'm. 2.5 hours away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

BTH wrote: »
    Ill be in lilliput. If I wasn't racing elsewhere I'd effectively ignore the race, you know, due to the fact I'm. 2.5 hours away

Yup, option (e) CK Tri for me too. Well run event, develops the sport in Ireland, wonderful location, warm fuzzy feeling in paying €55 for a great club race. Plus at this stage in my life I need all the hipster cred I can get;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Is there not an obvious gap in your poll? I.e. I'll be doing a different tri that weekend? Or are we just scrapping the TI calendar because IM are in town ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

EC1000 wrote: »
    Is there not an obvious gap in your poll? I.e. I'll be doing a different tri that weekend? Or are we just scrapping the TI calendar because IM are in town ;)

Third time lucky for me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

It's obvious now that this whole IM rumour has been guerrilla advertising for a certain Midlands Tri. Can we expect a €200+ entry fee this year?!?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Part of me likes the idea of racing in my hometown, part of me prefers the ease of putting my bike in the boot of my OH's van and driving to a race an hour or two from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    It's obvious now that this whole IM rumour has been guerrilla advertising for a certain Midlands Tri. Can we expect a €200+ entry fee this year?!?

Think RQ is probably due a free entry, she keeps giving us money and never turns up!

On a side note it will be interesting to see if there are any other races on that weekend. I'd doubt it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

On a side note it will be interesting to see if there are any other races on that weekend. I'd doubt it myself.

Even a race the week before or after will be impacted i reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭frazzledazzle

If CK is on the same day then its CK for me ................ 7th year on the bounce and no 70.3 would change my mind !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Can we get a "Wow thats a sh1t route" option added.

tunney wrote: »
    Can we get a "Wow thats a sh1t route" option added.
    tunney were you abused by an Ironman at some stage?

tunney were you abused by an Ironman at some stage?

Yes I was.

For those that don't know me I actually love the Ironman brand and have paid my €500 over for IM Austria three times, IM Frankfurt twice, also did UK half ironman 3-4 times.

Look at the route, west dublin cycle and a phoenix park run. Tell me that inspires.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭frazzledazzle

Yes I was.

Look at the route, west dublin cycle and a phoenix park run. Tell me that inspires.

Where is the route listed as not on Ironman that I can see ???

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭speedyj

That inspires!

Totally agree that the Park run is rubbish - won't be doing it myself if that's true.

Wouldn't be too harsh on West Dublin, some nice new roads out there that would be easy to close off.

And that's the "rumoured route". Nothing official yet (that I've seen anyway).

Is the rumoured route the only criticism you have aginast it? Would you do it if you could pick the route?

• Advertisement

Totally agree that the Park run is rubbish - won't be doing it myself if that's true.

Wouldn't be too harsh on West Dublin, some nice new roads out there that would be easy to close off.

And that's the "rumoured route". Nothing official yet (that I've seen anyway).

Is the rumoured route the only criticism you have aginast it? Would you do it if you could pick the route?

I could be tempted if it was a killer route but not in year 1 or 2 of the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

I'm going to lock this thread as the poll served its purpose and I damn sure ain't gonna try moderating three threads on this bloody race.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement