Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caulfield Cup 2014

Options
  • 14-10-2014 4:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

Hey Lads,

The above race is over 2400m and I was interested in seeing what your thoughts were on the foreign raiders & their form in England. Will all runners get the trip and who would ya prefer over further. Sometimes here in Oz we can get caught up in the hype of a horse and maybe lose sight of the others. This race is usually the lead up to the Melbourne Cup over 3200m.

http://www.racenet.com.au/news/105017/2014-Caulfield-Cup-%E2%80%93-The-final-field

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

dave3004 wrote: »
    Hey Lads,

The above race is over 2400m and I was interested in seeing what your thoughts were on the foreign raiders & their form in England. Will all runners get the trip and who would ya prefer over further. Sometimes here in Oz we can get caught up in the hype of a horse and maybe lose sight of the others. This race is usually the lead up to the Melbourne Cup over 3200m.

http://www.racenet.com.au/news/105017/2014-Caulfield-Cup-%E2%80%93-The-final-field

I fancy Lucia Valentina in this but she may be exactly the hype horse you refer to. She won well last time out in Flemington. Met traffic and took her a while to get there but when she did it was cosy enough and should appreciate the step up in distance. I would be very interested to see how The Offer runs in this as its the farthest distance he has faced for a while. Obviously the Melbourne Cup is the main objective but this race should tell much about where he stands. Of the English, Dandino would be the strongest. A close 2nd in this last year so surely primed to be close again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

they'll be trying about as much as the Arc contenders do in the Arc Trials.

Advertisement