Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Combi Box insallation

Options
  • 13-10-2014 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi I currently have UPC in my house in 4 rooms but only have 2 boxes .I move the UPC boxes depending on which room I'm in. I don't have a satellite dish .I am looking to move to free satellite as my UPC bills are to expensive a month .Just wondering how much it would cost to install Free sat and get 2 combi boxes .Is it possible to move the boxes around like it is with the UPC boxes .Also if I want to install a new point in one of the rooms how much would an installer charge for this roughly. Is it worthwhile ordering the boxes seperately or would it be better to go with the boxes an installer choices or should I go with a better type box .If so can anyone recommend a good type Combi Box .Any feedback would be much appreciated .

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

You would be better to post this in either ths Satellite or terestial forums.

You need one cable from the sat dish to each point that you have a TV installed. You also need an aerial for Saorview. Site this next to your dish and combine the signal with the sat signal.

If you need just four points, then a quad LNB will be OK, otherwise you will need an octo LNB. You can feed the Saorview signal down the same wire, and split it at the receiver.

Moving kit about saves you subscription on payTV but not on FreeTV, just the cost of the boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jjbb

Thanks Sam I'm new to Boards

Advertisement