Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glendalough Whiskey

Options
  • 13-10-2014 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

I have seen this new kid on the block in a few shops. Pay day soon so I am wondering if it is worth treating myself? Has nyone tried it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,811 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Hi Guys

I have seen this new kid on the block in a few shops. Pay day soon so I am wondering if it is worth treating myself? Has nyone tried it?

If their poteen is anything to go by, probably not worth it.
    But having said that, it's unlikely that they made it themselves. I'm pretty sure they're not around long enough to have made and aged their own whiskey. Could be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

It's a 7 year old Cooley whiskey,double distilled and bottled for glendalough.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,755 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Slattsy wrote: »
    Avoid.
    Too rough? No depth of flavour? Why exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Lacks depth 100%, tastes like a much younger whiskey to me. Lacks any real lingering after taste. Its all over rather quickly (I do prefer Scotch so maybe thats why this is an issue for my palate).
    Represents absolutely zero value, when for just another 10e you can pick up a bottle of Green Spot or Redbreast.

Their own 10 yr old is due out in a few years so i'll look forward to sampling it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement