Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tri club Rathmines area

Options
  • 12-10-2014 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi there,

I'm hoping to start doing triathlons next year and looking to find out people's recommendations on a club close by which would be good for a beginner. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Tibulus

The swan centre in Rathmines do tri swimming classes that I found good last year. Thursday at 20.30 and Monday at 07.30, not sure if the times have changed.

The closest club that I am aware of would probably be Belpark, based around Rathfarnham but train in different locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭shansey

I joined Belpark this time last year.

Running in Bushy Park/Nutgrove

Swimming in Terenue College/UCD

Turbo classes on Wednesday in rathfarnham and weekly spins on bike.

Good club, nice people

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

+1 for Belpark, great group of people and very active. Cater for all levels as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

I live in Ranelagh and joined T3 at the start of this year; training is mostly quite nearby (running in Sandymount and UCD, turbo sessions in Old Wesley, long cycles leaving from Ranelagh) and I've been made to feel very welcome. I've been focusing on adventure races rather than triathlons, but the training and support has been really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Seanie_H

+1 for Belpark, great group of people and very active. Cater for all levels as well.

Same here. I'd have been lost without the Belpark swimming sessions in UCD.

Very accessible and welcoming club.

• Advertisement
Advertisement