Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Clutch Bearing cost.

Options
  • 12-10-2014 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi guys,

I bought a Seat Cordoba 2000 model and the seller said the clutch/ gearbox bearings are needing attention. how much would it cost to fix it as i was told €150 by the seller.

i prefer second opinions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Waterson

If it is the clutch release bearing you are referring to, you would be as well to replace clutch assembly as a 3 piece kit at same time. Around E80 for the kit (pressure plate, friction plate and bearing) from a reputable brand and E90-E120 labour would be a fair price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭visual

tomtom66 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I bought a Seat Cordoba 2000 model and the seller said the clutch/ gearbox bearings are needing attention. how much would it cost to fix it as i was told €150 by the seller.

i prefer second opinions

Get a couple of quotes by local mechanics
    probably be more than 150 as the gear box has to be taken off.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭vinnie13

inc parts expect 300+ and hope the gearbox is ok or thats another 400+
    hope you got the car for nothing or this could be expensive paying someone to work on it

• Registered Users Posts: 13 tomtom66

well i bought the car for €650 dropped him from €800 with a completed NCT that passed last month. the bearings can be heard when the clutch is not engaged. and when driving the car tends to stutter abit.

im not in the money right now but am really concerned about it as i need the car to get to college. i live outside the city and public transport is not worth the money.

Advertisement