Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lumia 520 Vibrate & Video

Options
  • 12-10-2014 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭

Know little about all of this so I appreciate any assistance.

1, How do I get Lumia 520 to vibrate?
    2. The bottom button on the side seems not to press in and no response from it. I think this is the button for video. I must bring it in for them to have a look. Is there any other way I can access video function?
    3. Sometimes (not very often) my screen goes black when making a call and I can not turn phone off. What is the problem and what is the solution?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭mark_m360

bobbyss wrote: »
    Know little about all of this so I appreciate any assistance.

1, How do I get Lumia 520 to vibrate?
    2. The bottom button on the side seems not to press in and no response from it. I think this is the button for video. I must bring it in for them to have a look. Is there any other way I can access video function?
    3. Sometimes (not very often) my screen goes black when making a call and I can not turn phone off. What is the problem and what is the solution?

Many thanks

1. Settings -> Ringtones & sounds -> Vibrate

2. That button is to launch the camera. You need to hold it in for about 2 seconds. This is to prevent turning it on accidentally.

3. During a phone call, the screen will go black as you will be covering the sensor in the top right just above the screen. This again is to prevent any accidental button presses during the call. Once you take it away from your face, it should return to normal. If not, it may need to be repaired.

Let me know if the above makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭bobbyss

mark_m360 wrote: »
    1. Settings -> Ringtones & sounds -> Vibrate

2. That button is to launch the camera. You need to hold it in for about 2 seconds. This is to prevent turning it on accidentally.

3. During a phone call, the screen will go black as you will be covering the sensor in the top right just above the screen. This again is to prevent any accidental button presses during the call. Once you take it away from your face, it should return to normal. If not, it may need to be repaired.

Let me know if the above makes sense.

thank you.
    vibrate ok.

not sure what you mean re black screen. When i finish a call and take it away from my ear it is black, as i said however this happens sometimes. . I press the on/off button and i fleetingly see slide down to switch off . The screen returns after a while but i have no control over it.

that bottom button won't budge. I can press in the power button ok but there is no budge at all to the bottom one. Can i access video another way? Is this a big repair job/? I have phone less than 12 months, is there a warranty? Would i be covered ?
    thanks for your help.

re

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

You can add tiles for video play back, the camera, still and video to the start screen. hardly use the side button myself.

One press only of the power button should wake up the screen. If you hold in the power button, you get the turn off option.

You can also turn on double tap to wake. But for me thats flaky. Works about 70% of the time.

Phone should be covered for repair. Why not get it fixed.

Advertisement