Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford C Max Vibration at Idle

Options
  • 12-10-2014 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi All,
    I have a 2007 C Max 1.6 petrol that vibrates at idle. Vibration comes through the seats and the idling goes down/slow downs when the vibration happens. Ford dealer connot find anything wrong. They've changed plugs, coil, cheched mounts, suspension, cleaned throttle body, timing. Timing belt and Water pump also done. The ar seems to running fine but am worried it could be something big like crankshaft problem. Car is still under warranty so don't know what to do.

some feedback would be great . Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭blackbox

Crankshaft problems would probably show up as a horrible grumbling noise when starting the car.

I don't know if that car has a dual-mass flywheel, but if so, that could be the problem.

It could be something much simpler like spark plug leads, but I would expect main dealer to have found this through diagnostics.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DIYMart

Thanks for the reply.

I suppose I was thinking worst case scenario with the crankshaft. Car is starting ang running fine.

Searched on the net about the Dual Mass Fly Wheel. Seems they are only used in diesels to dampen the extra vibration so that's a relief.

Was talking to the mechanic where I bought the car. He changed the plugs and coil and cleaned throttle body.

He also took it to two ford garages and they both ran diagnostic checks. All fine. Timing OK also. He also sat in two petrol c maxs at the ford garages and both had similar vibrations. Maybe its just normal vibrations.
    He seemed like a straight fella so feel a bit better now.

Here's hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DIYMart

Thanks for the reply.

I suppose I was thinking worst case scenario with the crankshaft. Car is starting and running fine. Good power aswell.

Searched on the net about the Dual Mass Fly Wheel. Seems they are only used in diesels to dampen the extra vibration so that's a relief.

Was talking to the mechanic where I bought the car. He changed the plugs and coil and cleaned throttle body.

He also took it to two ford garages and they both ran diagnostic checks. All fine. Timing OK also. He also sat in two petrol c maxs at the ford garages and both had similar vibrations. Maybe its just normal vibrations.
    He seemed like a straight fella so feel a bit better now.

Here's hoping!

Advertisement