Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I register with CRO before getting Tax Clearance Cert?

Options
  • 12-10-2014 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hey there,

just got approved for my Back to Work Enterprise Allowance.

I have to get my payment transferred by the social welfare, but before I can do that, I have to obtain my Tax Clearance Certificate.

I'm more of an 'apply online' sort, so I found this online application fom online... (would link it but I can't because I'm a new user..) - but I'm having trouble filling it out as I'm not clear on a few things.

I'm going to be a Sole Trader with a business name which is different to my own.

So, does that mean I select 'individual'? (other options are company and partnership, which I'm assuming I'm neither because I'm not LTD or in a partnership).

Also - My tax number...I don't have one for my business yet.

Basically I'm wondering if I'm supposed to register with the CRO first - is that where I get my tax number and choose which Tax I'll be paying? -(which is another thing I'm unclear about... but there you go..)

I'm trying not to be too hard on myself for not knowing all this, after all, I have to start to learn somewhere.

Any advice / thoughts from anyone who has already done the BWEA or generally started a small business would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

You are an individual. That's the same as sole trader.
    You only need to register a name with the cro if you plan on doing business under a name other than your own name.

Tax number will be your pps number but if you haven't yet registered write tbc.

I am an accountant. Pm me if you have any queries.

Advertisement