Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate: Where could I find John boy's last supper mural?

Options
  • 11-10-2014 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Well, I'm looking to find an image of the the last supper mural John boy had in his apartment which included Hughie, John boy, Tupac, Biggie, Bobby Sands, Michael Collins, JFK etc. I've done a few google searches but to no avail.

Anyone have some suggestions on where I could find it?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 cmccarra

Okay this Irish Independent article suggests that the actual original physical artwork was hung up in The Factory, 35A Barrow Street, Grand Canal Dock, Dublin 4 - a place for arts students. This organisation has since evicted from the building by NAMA from August, 2014 and moved to a building on Bow Street, Smithfield. I might try and contact them to see if they still have it. I don't really want a physical copy just a digital version if one exists.

"In the inner room on the wall to the right is one of those Last Supper murals. Closer inspection shows the faces to be members of the Love/Hate cast – with Aidan Gillen's John Boy pictured with his on screen brother, Hughie Power, played by Brian Gleeson. "It was on his wall in the series," says Hughes, "and when he finished there was nowhere for it to go – it's such an odd shape – so I said 'I have the perfect place!'""

independent.ie/irish-news/nation-to-lose-factory-of-the-arts-with-nama-eviction-30201396.html

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭cynicalcough

Could you maybe screen shot it from one of the early episodes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

cmccarra wrote: »
    Okay this Irish Independent article suggests that the actual original physical artwork was hung up in The Factory, 35A Barrow Street, Grand Canal Dock, Dublin 4 - a place for arts students. This organisation has since evicted from the building by NAMA from August, 2014 and moved to a building on Bow Street, Smithfield. I might try and contact them to see if they still have it. I don't really want a physical copy just a digital version if one exists.

"In the inner room on the wall to the right is one of those Last Supper murals. Closer inspection shows the faces to be members of the Love/Hate cast – with Aidan Gillen's John Boy pictured with his on screen brother, Hughie Power, played by Brian Gleeson. "It was on his wall in the series," says Hughes, "and when he finished there was nowhere for it to go – it's such an odd shape – so I said 'I have the perfect place!'""

independent.ie/irish-news/nation-to-lose-factory-of-the-arts-with-nama-eviction-30201396.html

Surely The Factory could point you in the direction of the original painter?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Alanmarc

Any updates on this?

Surely with the popularity of the show some poster producer should market this iconic piece of art

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,671 ✭✭✭brian_t

Here's the picture from the google link

love_hate_2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Alanmarc

Yeah it does look great. Ive just finished rewatching series 2 and was thinking where could I get a copy to put on my wall.

Maybe if the Factory Arts people have no room for it in their new premises, I could take the original off their hands lol

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

It's fairly big from what I remember, you'll need a big wall!

Advertisement