Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor Suggestion

Options
  • 11-10-2014 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi,

I would like to get some monitor suggestions to replace my 7 years LG old monitor.

Current monitor is being used for basic PC uses (browsing internet, watching videos) only, but I would like the new one to be able to handle console (PS4) gaming.

I've been using a 40" TV which is not ideal for gaming.

Although I'm not playing games on my 7 year old PC at the moment, I'm hoping to upgrade it in 3-5 months.

So it will be nice if the new monitor can handle PC gaming as well.

My budget is 200€.

Here are couple monitors that I came across while searching:

BenQ RL2455HM - amazon.co.uk/BenQ-RL2455HM-24-inch-1080p-Monitor/dp/B00CFFFGUM/
    Asus VN247H - amazon.co.uk/Asus-VG248QE-24-inch-LED-Monitor/dp/B00B19T7QC

Anyone have experience with one of these ?

I can stretch my budget to 300€ if the monitor is really exceptionally.

Also other than Amazon, what are the reliable stores to buy from ?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Joe Doe

Only thing to tick is that it's a LED+IPSscreen.

Got a twin LG 23 IPS234 for a lot lot less than 200e each. Each one must be under 1kg, small power packs and fit snugly with bubblewrap into a standard flight/cabin case whenever needed...

• Registered Users Posts: 26 WFMS

Here's a great deal for a Dell IPS screen, just a bit over 200eur after shipping
    amazon(DOT)de/Dell-LED-Monitor-Reaktionszeit-h%C3%B6henverstellbar-schwarz/dp/B00H3JIGHA?tag=jungninj-21
    (Just get rid of the dot, won't let me post links since I don't have enough posts yet, quite an annoying precaution by boards tbh)
    The deal is on the German site but check out shouldn't be an issue. Much better screen than the ones you have listed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Joe Doe

134e - for the 24 lg IPS on the same site, it has a quicker 5ms response time also than the 200e 24 dell.

Advertisement