Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shock news as Treve to remain in training

Options
  • 11-10-2014 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭

STAR filly Treve will remain in training as a five-year-old when a third victory in the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe will be her main target.

Owners Al Shaqab had announced in the immediate aftermath of Treve's win at Longchamp last week that she would be retired to the paddocks but Harry Herbert, racing advisor to the owner, announced on Saturday afternoon that she will race on in 2015.

More to follow...

http://www.racingpost.com/news/live.sd?event_id=3902324&category=0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

if its true. Fair plate to the owners etc. Very sporting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Given how easily she's won the last two, 8/1 isn't the worst antepost price in the world considering she'll most likely only have the one, Vermaille, run before it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Vermaille an extremely long time to wait. Something like the Grand Prix de Saint Cloud maybe, safe to say she won't be going to Ascot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

it helps that they don't have Australia to fear any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Can't see this ending happily. Now I'd be delighted to see history made - imagine a 3 time Arc winner. But she has a good chance of not even making it. Sounds a bit on the greedy side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Itziger wrote: »
    Can't see this ending happily. Now I'd be delighted to see history made - imagine a 3 time Arc winner. But she has a good chance of not even making it. Sounds a bit on the greedy side.
    She has a much better chance of winning it than she has of producing a foal that'd win it. So, why not go for it, she'll be 5 and provided she's fit she'll be another year older and stronger than she was as a 4yo but will be carrying the same weight as she did this year. Don't think she was fully herself this year and with a light campaign next year and a slight improvement on this year she'd be almost impossible to keep out of the frame. Just look at herself Orfevre and Youmzain, horses who kept running well in the race.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

I was very surprised to hear this, and have to say as a racing fan I'm delighted that she's to run next season. Like paddy, I think it's very sporting of the owners, and I hope that she can make history.

Advertisement