Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MEDICAL FOR JOB

Options
  • 10-10-2014 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

just wondering i have been offered a job starting 28/oct pending medical which is on monday problem is i had a disk removed 2 years ago back is 100% now if doctor asks had i any surgeries should i tell him or keep stump????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Say nothing ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Last_Minute

Keep your bloody mouth shut, don't you dare snitch on that disc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Tell him you don't do back talk ...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Why would you lie about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Did they find anything on the disk or had you wiped it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

just wondering i have been offered a job starting 28/oct pending medical which is on monday problem is i had a disk removed 2 years ago back is 100% now if doctor asks had i any surgeries should i tell him or keep stump????

I would definately mention the stump.....its bound to come out at some stage.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭dmc17

If he asks about anything, just knock him out and fill in the report yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭dmc17

Mariasofia wrote: »
    I would definately mention the stump.....its bound to come out at some stage.....

The stump is already out. The question is whether to keep it or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Say you smoke heroin, it'll keep the focus away from the surgery.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭Soups123

Depends on what the job is OP if it involves physical effort and you badly need it say nothing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

Its clearly a trap.

I wouldnt even go to the medical if I were you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

They just anal probe you these days so you be grand..just make sure your "clean"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Tell them exactly what they want to hear so you get the job.

Simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Bring a vial of your grandmothers piss in your sock.

Be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I don't see why you would want to hide it?
    You don't really have to be specific about it either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

You know the "medical" is most likely a drugs test right? Unless it is a job where your physical condition is important and having surgery probably falls under that and they may notice the scars ...

p.s. Schtum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

OP what's the job? If it's sitting a desk pretending to work all day I wouldn't mention it. If its for moving pianos I would mention it( thought this job was only in cartoons until my friend did it for a summer on a J1 in Boston. )

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

The reality is that telling some fibs definitely confers you an advantage in the job-application process. You just have to box clever as you can get caught out more easily these days with the ease at which your personal information can be accessed through the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Tell them you had a disc PUT IN and now have a superhuman back, willing to serve and protect the public.

Tell them.

They won't not offer you the job based on that. They just want to be sure you're not going to be out of work long periods of time. Lying could feck you up later on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Tails142

Would the doc not be able to see the scar on your back while he's shoving his arm up your arsehole to check your prostate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

If your back is one hundred percent fine now as you say then what is there to hide?

PS stop smoking weed now and you should be alright for the medical granted you flush your system with water and such ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Despite the fantastic advice you are getting I feel I should point out that if you lie in your medical and subsequently suffer a back injury in work you are leaving yourself in a terrible position for any kind of claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Wailin

You don't want to jeopardize your chance of getting the job, worrying about claims down the road stated in the post above is nonsense. Tell them **** all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

stick a pretzel in there or something

Advertisement