Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

39% in a repeat - can they bump me?

Options
  • 10-10-2014 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi all,

Just received my repeat results for the supplemental's and was wondering if you get a 39% in a repeat examination, can your lecturer round this off to a pass or not? Seems quite harsh to make a student resit a paper over a percentage no? Currently it obviously says 39% on the provisional results page but surely/hopefully they can round that to a pass no?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

I'm assuming the mobile phone incident won't work in your favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Garveinho

Aard wrote: »
    I'm assuming the mobile phone incident won't work in your favour.

Well that shouldn't matter - it was seen as a technical breach so...but 39% is harsh no?

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭BonkeyDonker

Garveinho wrote: »
    Well that shouldn't matter - it was seen as a technical breach so...but 39% is harsh no?

Can you not compensate from other subjects?

Can you not compensate from other subjects?

In supplemental exams, I don't think so as the mark is capped at 40%. Its just sickening as its 1%, anything larger I could accept as in 'I wasn't up to it on the day' etc. - that type of thing. Surely its worth an appeal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Have a chat with the lecturer concerned.
    You generally can't compensate with repeats.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Not to be harsh but if you didn't pass it the second time round you don't deserve to be in the next year.

Not to be harsh but if you didn't pass it the second time round you don't deserve to be in the next year.

no I get that, its a fair comment. It just stings as I'm right there as such but obviously not close enough - anyone know about transferring and how that works? Do I go back through the CAO or advanced entry?

Have a chat with the lecturer concerned.
    You generally can't compensate with repeats.

I've emailed the necessary lecturer but tbh she's not the type to try and help a student out - any ideas about transferring? Do I go through the CAO again or can the college handle in internally?

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭BonkeyDonker

Garveinho wrote: »
    I've emailed the necessary lecturer but tbh she's not the type to try and help a student out - any ideas about transferring? Do I go through the CAO again or can the college handle in internally?

If it is to another DIT course it may be handled internally. But you will probably be repeating the current year in that course. And it will be at your own expense.

Advertisement