Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Help me optimize my Haswell OC

• 10-10-2014 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi so i recently got my 4670k stable on 1.25v, and would like to optimize my overclock, maybe even push 4.5ghz, im currently using a noctua nh-d14 for cooling, and im not quiet sure how to proceed with this, it took me like 2 weeks to find these settings after playing around alot, and iv been stable for 4 days so far, did aida64 and IBT 20 runs

I realize that for 4.5ghz i have to up the vcore, but what other settings can i tweak for stability ?

my current settings are

4.4 ghz
    1.25 vcore
    1.15 vring
    3.5 ghz uncore
    1.8 VCCIN
    LLC: Extreme

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Most of those processors have an easy to get to overclock and past that point it requires decent bumps in voltage which imo aren't worth the higher temps and voltage for minimal speed gains.

4.4 sounds like a decent overclock for Haswell. I wouldn't bother pushing it any further.

I'd sooner keep the thing cool and quiet than push it to it's limits for the sake of 100-200mhz.

Advertisement