Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salary for the last month of leaving a job, when?

Options
  • 10-10-2014 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

October 10, 2014 is my last day of my job after serving the mandatory notice period. My employer says my Oct salary will be paid at the month end but i'm saying it should be paid on the final day of my work i.e today. Who is right? Please direct me where i can find information regarding this. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭coolabula

your employer is correct, wages will be paid on the regular pay day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭indigo twist

coolabula wrote: »
    your employer is correct, wages will be paid on the regular pay day

Agreed; also OP you should be aware that you probably won't get your P45 until after this date, which may mean you'll be on emergency tax in your new job at first.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭kevincool

Agreed; also OP you should be aware that you probably won't get your P45 until after this date, which may mean you'll be on emergency tax in your new job at first.

I got my P45 already. Submitted it online to the tax office.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

P45 never requirement to get off emergency tax. First day get your employers tax number and ring the tax office. They will immediately reassign tax credits to the company and sending tax cert out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

kevincool wrote: »
    I got my P45 already. Submitted it online to the tax office.

This means the payroll person has already put your wages into their system. The only step left is doing the actual bank transfer.

Although I think the payroll person could just pay you now (assuming the company doesn't have financial problems), I used to do payroll as part of another job and it's quite stressful, so I can understand her wanting to stick to her normal routine.

Payroll is stressful because if you make any sort of mistake, you will have very angry people on your back. It's one of those jobs where mistakes aren't tolerated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Mr_Red

You get paid on the usual pay day.

And Im shocked you got your P45 already from your Boss as your last day was 3 days ago.

You normally get your P45 after after your pay slip which would be a week or a few days before pay day.

Normally the companies accountants process all employees together

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭kevincool

Mr_Red wrote: »
    You get paid on the usual pay day.

And Im shocked you got your P45 already from your Boss as your last day was 3 days ago.

You normally get your P45 after after your pay slip which would be a week or a few days before pay day.

Normally the companies accountants process all employees together

My manager said they are short of cash so agreed to wait until month end.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭walshyp

kevincool wrote: »
    My manager said they are short of cash so agreed to wait until month end.

:eek:

Advertisement