Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lumia 520 cracked screen

Options
  • 10-10-2014 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭

Screen replacement cost?

Other than the screen everything else is working. You can view but obviously touch will not work.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Can it be used with the cracked screen?
    Tbh, the cost of repair would be near the cost a new Nokia 520..don't forget to take out the SIM and the sd card. Or live with the damage to the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭delos

Family has had two repaired. Son's was €40 but the job was pretty poor. I got my daughter's fixed for €60 and it is like new. Both of these repairs were in Cork City.

Your at the point where it might not be worth fixing, especially if you can pick up a decent second hand one from somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭tenreds

I replaced mine two days ago,bought screen from amazon think it was around 12 or 13 euro and got free shipping with prime,video on YouTube shows how to do it,it takes about half hour

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Kevin Moran

Fiskar wrote: »
    Screen replacement cost?

Other than the screen everything else is working. You can view but obviously touch will not work.

A Nokia Care Point should be able to replace the broken screen for around €50, keep your info on the phone and keep your two year Nokia warranty intact also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

A Nokia Care Point should be able to replace the broken screen for around €50, keep your info on the phone and keep your two year Nokia warranty intact also

When you could get the 625 for 99, is it worth it,625 is a much better phone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Used 520 or a new 625/630 (same price) would be the best option. I wouldn't bother fixing one.

Advertisement