Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Phone Watch Alarm Problems

Options
  • 10-10-2014 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭

I've read through the forum and cannot find the issue with other boardsies. I've had a Phone Watch alarm, Simon panel 3, for 7 years. We dont pay Eircom anymore. 3 motion sensors, 3 door/window sensors.

Yesterday, the motion sensors were being tripped randomly. When I checked the panel, it said all three were tripped. This happened 4 times last night in the space of an hour. What is interesting, is one of the sensor was taken off the wall last year by builders and appeared to be broken. We tried to put it back up but it never worked. The panel is saying this sensor was tripped (as part of the 3).

I am guessing and saying the batteries in the sensors need to be replaced? They are losing signal with the panel and thus the alarm is being triggered. Would this be the fault or am I a million miles away?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

bren2001 wrote: »
    I've read through the forum and cannot find the issue with other boardsies. I've had a Phone Watch alarm, Simon panel 3, for 7 years. We dont pay Eircom anymore. 3 motion sensors, 3 door/window sensors.

Yesterday, the motion sensors were being tripped randomly. When I checked the panel, it said all three were tripped. This happened 4 times last night in the space of an hour. What is interesting, is one of the sensor was taken off the wall last year by builders and appeared to be broken. We tried to put it back up but it never worked. The panel is saying this sensor was tripped (as part of the 3).

I am guessing and saying the batteries in the sensors need to be replaced? They are losing signal with the panel and thus the alarm is being triggered. Would this be the fault or am I a million miles away?

That is a strange one.

If the sensors had low batteries then the system would be beeping to indicate this. What I would suggest is down power your alarm, mains and battery, leave it for 30 seconds then power back on and see if it happens again.
    As always, turn off the mains before opening the control panel to disconnect the battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭bren2001

So, flick off the mains, open the panel, disconnect the battery, wait 30 seconds, reconnect battery and turn on mains. Being an Electronic Engineer, I've learned just to ask the stupid questions. There is no master code I need to type in before?

bren2001 wrote: »
    So, flick off the mains, open the panel, disconnect the battery, wait 30 seconds, reconnect battery and turn on mains. Being an Electronic Engineer, I've learned just to ask the stupid questions. There is no master code I need to type in before?

That's correct. Once you have the user code you will be grand. Just set the time on the system before you close up the second lid.

Any problems let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 booklady

I don't know if this is the right place......... I have phone watch concord alarm just got it fixed after it showed siren trouble (thanks altor ) and now need to power it completely down as we are having building work done. Every time I try to take of the cover off the alarm panel it goes nuts,is there a way to turn off the siren and then disconnect the battery. Many thanks for the help

booklady wrote: »
    I don't know if this is the right place......... I have phone watch concord alarm just got it fixed after it showed siren trouble (thanks altor ) and now need to power it completely down as we are having building work done. Every time I try to take of the cover off the alarm panel it goes nuts,is there a way to turn off the siren and then disconnect the battery. Many thanks for the help

Turn off mains, open two screws. When it goes off stick in your user code. Front face levers down towards you from the top to reveal battery in back. Disconnect battery. Remove fuse going into alarm in bottom. Close back up and turn back on the mains ☺

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 booklady

Thanks Altor , will the siren still go off ? and is it the normal code or the eng code?

booklady wrote: »
    Thanks Altor , will the siren still go off ? and is it the normal code or the eng code?

Once the system has being down powered it should. This will depend on the battery in the external bell. It should go off after 20 minutes depending on the bell installed.

Advertisement