Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contacts on Galaxy S3

Options
  • 10-10-2014 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭

There's probably an easy fix for this yet i cant see it!

Anyway, three quarters of my phone contacts are saved to sim while the rest are saved under 'google contact'.
    Im assuming its best to have all the contacts backed up to my google account, however i cant find a way to transfer the sim contacts over :(

Anyone?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Go to contacts to display and select sim to see only them. Then you want to import them to the phone memory. From there if you select merge with google it should import all the contacts you've just imported to the phone.

If you go to your gmail on your laptop/computer and select contacts from the dropdown in the top left they should be all there. This was best thing about doing this myself i reckon, from your laptop you can clean everything up, merge phone numbers with emails, delete duplicates etc. Any changes will almost instantly be reflected in the phone.

Once your happy everything is in google btw you can delete everything from the sim and phone memory.

Should you get a new phone down the line logging on to google will bring everything back.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Cheers mate, appreciate that. All contacts now on google.

However, one small issue. Every name/number i had on sim has now been duplicated in my gmail contacts?

Slattsy wrote: »
    Cheers mate, appreciate that. All contacts now on google.

However, one small issue. Every name/number i had on sim has now been duplicated in my gmail contacts?

You mean actually only on gmail contacts or is the phone set to display all contacts thus your seeing both? There's a option in gmail to delete all the duplicates: under 'more' find and merge duplicates.

Phone is only displaying google contacts, so thats fine.
    But in gmail contacts they are all duplicated, weirdly.

Ya sounds weird but should be easily tidied up.

• Advertisement

Merged the dups, no hassle. Thanks.

Advertisement