Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legal alternative to Netflix

Options
  • 09-10-2014 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Not sure where to ask this question, but is there an alternative thats legal.

Been watching a few shows on there only to find some disappear eg Castle, and other like Criminal Minds, whre there are 8-9 seasons but only 4 on netflix

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

I did actually google it but anything I found wasnt available in Ireland, or in the case of Itunes, I dont have (nor want) an ipad or iphone

Cheers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

I use Sky On Demand for the most part. At the moment they have good shows like Lost, Boardwalk Empire, The Walking Dead, Marvel's Agents of Shield, The Newsroom, Arrow, Justified, Greys Anatomy, Prison Break, The West Wing, Spartacus, 24, Mad Men, Criminal Minds, Modern Family, The Tudors, Da Vinci's Demons.

All of these would be decent shows you could get into. Especially Boardwalk Empire, The Newsroom, Prison Break and 24. Seems like a better selection than what Netflix offers from what I've seen. And if you've got Sky Movies you get access to hundreds of movies, not many of them would be low budget rubbish like Netflix seems to fill with either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

Shows dissappear and reappear on Netflix. I was going mad that Wallander disappeared but after a while it was back.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Mod Note:

It is against the charter to post details of illegal streaming/downloading sites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Anachrony

Not sure where to ask this question, but is there an alternative thats legal.

Been watching a few shows on there only to find some disappear eg Castle, and other like Criminal Minds, whre there are 8-9 seasons but only 4 on netflix

You're not going to find a legal alternative that has every season of everything and never loses it, and all for a flat monthly fee. Licensing good content at an affordable flat rate is a constant battle, and there's no legal way around that.

There are services that are better or worse in some respects, but never perfect.

Anachrony wrote: »
    You're not going to find a legal alternative that has every season of everything and never loses it, and all for a flat monthly fee. Licensing good content at an affordable flat rate is a constant battle, and there's no legal way around that.

There are services that are better or worse in some respects, but never perfect.

I was thinking that. It seemed to me from what I could find was that its netflix or the likes of Itunes where you buy movie by movie

Apologies to the mod above, my intention was not to look for illegal streams, I was just hoping I was missing something. By the looks of things Im not:(

I use Sky On Demand for the most part. At the moment they have good shows like Lost, Boardwalk Empire, The Walking Dead, Marvel's Agents of Shield, The Newsroom, Arrow, Justified, Greys Anatomy, Prison Break, The West Wing, Spartacus, 24, Mad Men, Criminal Minds, Modern Family, The Tudors, Da Vinci's Demons.

All of these would be decent shows you could get into. Especially Boardwalk Empire, The Newsroom, Prison Break and 24. Seems like a better selection than what Netflix offers from what I've seen. And if you've got Sky Movies you get access to hundreds of movies, not many of them would be low budget rubbish like Netflix seems to fill with either.

Have UPC in an apartment so no can do, but the parents have it so I suppose when I go home I may just lie on a couch for a weekend a watch a season of something. Some good leads there pal, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,265 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Dunno if its legal or not, but heard of a new service <Mod Snip>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

We've had amazon prime video for the last couple of months, it's pretty good - it's 90% of the telly we watch at this stage. We've gone through Vikings, The Shield, Parks and Rec, Mad Men so far and I'm eagerly awaiting Bosch to start up!

Advertisement