Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We need a vaccine for racism.

Options
  • 09-10-2014 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭

I believe that work should begin creating a vaccine that will prevent racism. This may sound far fetched, but I think with the advances in technology it would be achievable. The vaccine, once created, should be then added to the list of vaccines that are administered to all children.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

What about those anti-vaccine idiots?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

And that's enough internet for me..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,290 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Great idea, suppose if we had one that turned absolutely everyone purple that would work?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭walshyp

I'm racist againt ISIS. Wait am I not meant be racist againt them or am i? Confused.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 820 ✭✭✭BunkMoreland

Racism is great fun, you should try it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Its called tolerance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

What about those anti-vaccine idiots?

Capture them and Strap them down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

A vaccine to prevent any perception of racism where none exists would also be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

Its called tolerance.

BAM!
    Capture them and Strap them down.

So you're anti anti-vaccine-ists?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭poppyvally

I hate racism! I'd love to see a great big melting pot in Ireland "Coffee coloured children by the score" (Blue Mink) It just did'nt happen in other countries & unlikely to happen in Ireland. There will always be divides with the natives & the immigrants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

We have one. It's called a baseball bat to the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,570 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

I believe that work should begin creating a vaccine that will prevent racism. This may sound far fetched, but I think with the advances in technology it would be achievable. The vaccine, once created, should be then added to the list of vaccines that are administered to all children.

And what happens if the black children get administered it first, Mister Clever Man??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Theres not enough racism if you ask me.......

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Can't we all just get along?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

A vaccine for racism is as ridiculous as a vaccine for poor people to make them rich.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

walshyp wrote: »
    I'm racist againt ISIS. Wait am I not meant be racist againt them or am i? Confused.
    Being against murderous rampaging isn't racism.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Technology, to control other peoples opinions you say?

I don't foresee any possible issues with that none what so ever....

...I'm not programmed to sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,536 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

It exists.

Essentially, most vaccines are a lesser form of the target disease that build up the necessary antibodies. Some people may have initial adverse reactions. Vaccinate everybody, and the disease is essentially eradicated.

Turn this to racism. If everybody practises a lesser form of racism, i.e. telling the odd joke, but not outright discriminating against the subject of said joke, it is a start. The odd person might have an initial adverse reaction to a joke, but eventually will build a thicker skin. However, everybody of every race will need to make jokes about every other race, but not quite discriminate against any race in particular, then racism will eventually be eradicated.

To quote John Lennon: "Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one". But there will always be some tinfoil hat-wearing fcuker that will blame the racism vaccine on autism.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭joe swanson

But the vaccine will cause em chemtrails and em things. Its on the internet now so it must be true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

As a social problem, I think racism is blown completely out of proportion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭wandererz

There's already one temporary vaccine against racism:
    ... Take your lighter coloured or Irish partner in with you wherever you go.

One gets less or zero comments; actually gets acknowledged and other weird stuff happening.

Unfortunately the effects of that particular vaccine evaporates when one is alone.

... except for Kilkenny of course... people there tend to shout abuse from moving vehicles if you're a mixed race couple. Tends to spoil the whole effect of the Cat Laughs comedy festival.

There's always one...

... now queue someone suggesting not doing the above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

They need to screen it at airports and refuse entry if necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

"Are we all racists now father?"

Advertisement