Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red wine for Christmas

Options
  • 09-10-2014 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Hoping you can give me some suggestions on some nice red wine to have for guests over Christmas dinner. Looking to spend around €20 -€30 per bottle. Any ideas much appreciated.

Thanks

Blindside

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,755 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

It would help if you could say what sort of red wine you like...
    Fruity, dry, full-bodied, light, etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

It would help if you could say what sort of red wine you like...
    Fruity, dry, full-bodied, light, etc...

Sorry I should have mentioned I don't drink red. I only drink white wine. So I'm not sure what they like. I don't want to ask them if possible as I know they'll want to get both the red and white as thanks for dinner

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Mr Rubicon Conundrum

Last year I had Châteauneuf-du-Pape and it went down really well, got it in the Superquinn sale in early December. It is one of my favourite wines though. We had an Italian Barolo once, which was also very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,755 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Ah, OK. Something safe then like a classic Bordeaux or Chianti. A good quality middle-of-the-road type red. If you have a local wine shop, go there & ask for their recommendations within your budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Thanks for the help guys

• Advertisement
Advertisement