Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost motivation for School

Options
  • 09-10-2014 10:10pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 134 ✭✭

Currently I'm in 5th year and lately i've just given up on school. Everything is a drag there isn't much, if anything I enjoy any more there (Apart from seeing friends). I stare into space every class and might aswell be asleep on the desk. All I want to do is program and work with technology. Literally all day every day that's all I want to do. My only interest is technology and i've never wanted to have a career in anything but that. I have some ideas that I'm in the process of developing but have barely any time because of school. I've been told that they could become very successful. Obviously that's a while down the road. I don't know what to do any more. Honestly I'm thinking about working on my idea, Seeing where that goes and if it gets anywhere successful then drop out. I know i'm probably being more hopeful that realistic, But anybody have any advice. I'm 17 and don't know sh** about the world!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Hi, I would suggest you try some of the forums under Edu. Perhaps the Leaving Cert forum below. All the best.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=107

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭DK man

I've been there as a 16 year old - absolutely hated school although liked some things like friends and some subjects.

U r lucky that u know what y want to do- I kept going through the pain/ boredom wall and it probably got better in 6th year and then I could see an end in sight....

Unfortunately u will need a lc to get on a college course and this would be important for u if u want to work in it..

Hang on and stick with it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement