Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pathetic attempts to trick yourself.

Options
  • 09-10-2014 10:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭

If I buy a packet of biscuits (which I did today), I eat them by breaking a half off then returning to eat the other half 5 minutes later. They're 80% less fattening if you eat them that way. Same goes for cake if you eat a slice in thin slivers.

Fact.

When I smoked, I used to smoke from the side of my mouth because you inhale 78% less toxic fumes than smoking them through the centre of your mouth (more direct to the lungs, you see).

Fact.

What stupid/naughty/bad for you/whatever things do you do (or did you do) that you know are stupid/naughty/bad for you/whatevs but convince yourself are not stupid by doing something nonsensical to "trick" yourself?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

What stupid/naughty/bad for you/whatever things do you do (or did you do) that you know are stupid/naughty/bad for you/whatevs but convince yourself are not stupid by doing something nonsensical to "trick" yourself?

Wut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

Yeah I'm hoping Bluewolf or someone can come in and give me a hand with that sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Smoking heroin instead of injecting it, can't get addicted that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,782 ✭✭✭KungPao

People eating "diet" chocolate bars and cakes, or eating rice cakes.

You'll be unsatisfied and starving in no time, just have a banana instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

If I go asleep now, I'll have X amount of hours sleep.

:pac: I'm not gonna sleep now

• Advertisement

KungPao wrote: »
    People eating "diet" chocolate bars and cakes, or eating rice cakes.

You'll be unsatisfied and starving in no time, just have a banana instead.

Or eat cake (a whole one) in slivers. Completely calorie-free that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

If I buy a packet of biscuits (which I did today), I eat them by breaking a half off then returning to eat the other half 5 minutes later. They're 80% less fattening if you eat them that way. Same goes for cake if you eat a slice in thin slivers.

Fact.

When I smoked, I used to smoke from the side of my mouth because you inhale 78% less toxic fumes than smoking them through the centre of your mouth (more direct to the lungs, you see).

Fact.

Fact.

If you cover your arse with your hand when farting it won't smell :)

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Fact.

Or if you fart, you can turn up the radio to hide the smell.

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Fact.

Or if you clench your bum cheeks, you can force fart back into, eh, the place where farts are kept.

Fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

...just have a banana instead.

Yup....and sorta nope.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

i convinced myself i was happy in my "ideal" professional job, when i was actually not

• Registered Users Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Fact.

Fact.

Pfft. Everyone knows that 73% of statistics are made up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

you cant get preggers if i jam it up your ass

Oh wait.....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Mech1 wrote: »
    you cant get preggers if i jam it up your ass

Oh wait.....

No seriously you can't.

Roquentin wrote: »
    i convinced myself i was happy in my "ideal" professional job, when i was actually not

What was that?

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

I take my favourite cakes, bars ect and break them in half, because it's broken in half it's half the calories and because it's half the calories i can eat twice as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

namloc1980 wrote: »
    No seriously you can't.

yeah thats it, was getting mixed up there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

What was that?

killing people.........

accounting

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Yeah I'm hoping Bluewolf or someone can come in and give me a hand with that sentence.

you're on your own, lady
    :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

Only for one pint........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

1210m5g wrote: »
    I take my favourite cakes, bars ect and break them in half, because it's broken in half it's half the calories and because it's half the calories i can eat twice as much.

I like your attitude. How about a promotion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

** puts willy between legs ala silence of the lambs pose**

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

In order that I'd come home to my own house so that I'd get up early for college the following morning, I'd make sure I'd go out without a condom in my wallet...always a plan doomed to fail.

Only for one pint........
    Sure, I'll have one more and watch the end of the match, then off home to me bed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

My mother sets her clocks five minutes fast so that she's never late for anything. When I lived there I would just leave five minutes late for everything. It still confuses me to this day, especially since phones and other technology set the right time automatically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

Sure, I'll have one more and watch the end of the match, then off home to me bed...

Cue walking home when the suns coming up....with the birds singing your theme tune in the backround as you strut/stagger homewards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Lalealynn

Just 15 more mins on the internet then bed. The computer doesn't know!

My mother sets her clocks five minutes fast so that she's never late for anything. When I lived there I would just leave five minutes late for everything. It still confuses me to this day, especially since phones and other technology set the right time automatically.

That's another thing I do: the time on my mp3 player is 10 minutes fast but I simply deduct the 10 minutes from the time to figure out what the real time it is (this takes about 10 minutes) then carry on with my day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭The Strawman Argument

"I forgot to take my prescription the last two days ...I'll just take three times as much today and it'll be the same!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Something along the lines of

"Jeez, I'd love a cheese sandwich right now"
    "Im getting pretty fat though. Maybe I should hold out an hour or so"
    "If I put ham on the sandwich it would be less calories than cheese"
    "If I toast the sandwich it would burn off some of the calories before they hit my mouth"
    "I may as well wack a bit of cheese on it too"
    "Feck it, I'll just eat it now since I got rid of those toasted calories"

30 Mins later

"Id love another one of those toasted cheese sandwiches"

Advertisement