Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Criterion 50% Off Flash Sale

Options
  • 09-10-2014 9:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭

Posted in bargain alerts too but figured it could be appreciated in here too.

Criterion is currently having 50% off all blu-ray and dvd that they have currently in stock so some massive savings to be had.

On check out enter the promo code SPIKE, update your cart and the discount will be applied.

Sale runs until 19:00 tomorrow GMT.

www.criterion.com

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,670 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

They only ship to US and Canada. And all their discs are region locked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Just found that out when I tried to check out with Scanners, White Dog, Sweet Movie and Videodrome for only €51.

This displeases me greatly.

:mad:

You may as well lock this down on that basis Prof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

FWIW Barnes & Noble have 50% off all Criterions every few months or so and they ship to Ireland too. The only trouble is finding a player that can play them. ;)

e_e wrote: »
    FWIW Barnes & Noble have 50% off all Criterions every few months or so and they ship to Ireland too. The only trouble is finding a player that can play them. ;)

If you or someone you know is going to the states then pick up a cheap Blu-ray player over there. I had my patents get me one a few years back and it's still going strong.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,159 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah I got my brother to bring back 6 half price criterions and a Sony blu ray player. The player was only 60 dollars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

As an aside to this are people aware that some Criterion disks from 2009/2010 are defective? My copy of The Seventh Seal is browning around the edges and unplayable now.

They have setup a replacement program, but not sure how it works for international customers. I emailed them, but no response yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,151 ✭✭✭rednik

Mizu_Ger wrote: »
    As an aside to this are people aware that some Criterion disks from 2009/2010 are defective? My copy of The Seventh Seal is browning around the edges and unplayable now.

They have setup a replacement program, but not sure how it works for international customers. I emailed them, but no response yet.

Keeping an eye on this thread, it appears they will replace outside of the US. I don't have too many criterion blu ray discs but will watch them for any problems.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topic/334902-problem-with-criterion-blu-rays/page-4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

rednik wrote: »
    Keeping an eye on this thread, it appears they will replace outside of the US. I don't have too many criterion blu ray discs but will watch them for any problems.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topic/334902-problem-with-criterion-blu-rays/page-4

I got a reply from them and they say that everyone has to send in their defective disk to get a replacement. It doesn't matter where in the world you are. A bit poxy considering it's a balls up on their side.

Advertisement