Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Handling taxes for revenue from App sales and advertising banners

Options
  • 09-10-2014 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hello people of Boards,

I'm just wondering if anyone out there has experience with handling the tax system for money brought in from mobile apps.

I'm not talking about making enough to quit a full time job, I'm just interested in setting up a small passive income flow, hopefully enough to cover the annual developers fee.

Does anyone out there know what to do with any income I might generate when I already have a full time job? I have the itunesconnect tax forms filled out but I'm sure there is something more that I need to do with any payouts.

Thanks in advance,
    LJ

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭smackyB

If your additional income is below a certain threshold (somewhere near 3K AFAIK) you can declare this to the revenue using the PAYE online site.

If it's over this, you'll need to file a separate return (and most likely require the services of an accountant).

Hope that helps

Advertisement