Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mcdonalds not serving Coca Cola on certain days?

Options
  • 09-10-2014 12:56pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

So today I go into McDonald and get my usual lunch and the lady at the till told me that they can't give me fizzy drinks today. Is this some new rule now that they don't serve fizzy drinks on certain days?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Yom Kippur maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

No it's just you :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Lunch in McDonalds? You sick bastard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Its to combat obesity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

fontdor wrote: »
    So today I go into McDonald and get my usual lunch and the lady at the till told me that they can't give me fizzy drinks today. Is this some new rule now that they don't serve fizzy drinks on certain days?

You'd probably get a better answer as well as a more accurate one if you had asked the person who told you this.

It's probably a matter of their gas machine not working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

She was just trolling you for the lols.

Seriously. You think they have set out a certain day where they won't sell fizzy drinks?

They also won't sell chicken nuggets between the witching hour either

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

The shipment of fizzy bubbles probably didn't arrive in this morning OP.
    hard luck.
    Try again tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭KomradeBishop

Maybe they're trying to be more health-conscious of what they sell to the customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭jaykay74

MAybe on the days the fizzy drink machine is not working?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭preston johnny

Soda pressing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Its to combat obesity.

Crazy.

They'll sell you a Big Mac with Cheese, Double Quarter Pounder Extra Large Fries probably with cheese too if you asked for it, Chicken Nuggets made out of pork and McMuffins for dessert and ice cream sthite.

But not a chance of a Diet Coke in case they get blamed for turning you into a fat bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Fizzy lifting drinks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

jaykay74 wrote: »
    MAybe on the days the fizzy drink machine is not working?

Union rules mate. Just cause they're machines don't mean they ain't entitled to a day off alright?

Feckin' management want to treat the workers like flippin' robots around here. Especially the robots!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I'd say this person was just looking out for you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

poisonated wrote: »
    I'd say this person was just looking out for you.

ya id say thats the case . btw how did you get you mobility scooter through them tricky double doors or did you just roll up to the drive through?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

What did you get instead OP? This is the important part..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,185 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

It's either Coke or Ebola OP. Count yourself lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

It's PC health and safety gone nanny state!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Come back and tell us after youve studied this awful issue for a year..........wait youll be dead in a year due to eating McDonalds everyday so never mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Had a Coca cola 'Life' today meh and bleh. Not all that nice at all. 5cent cheaper than normal can but won't be going there again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Lapin wrote: »
    Crazy.

They'll sell you a Big Mac with Cheese, Double Quarter Pounder Extra Large Fries probably with cheese too if you asked for it, Chicken Nuggets made out of pork and McMuffins for dessert and ice cream sthite.

But not a chance of a Diet Coke in case they get blamed for turning you into a fat bastard.

You actually expect us to believe they would make their chicken nuggets out of aything that wasn't swept up off the floor or not made of mechanically recovered sh1te?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

namloc1980 wrote: »
    It's either Coke or Ebola OP. Count yourself lucky.
    Cola or ebola sounds better!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

So today I go into McDonald and get my usual lunch and the lady at the till....

This.. She probably felt that you need to cut back on the amount of ****e you eat snd is cutting back on certain items for you. You won't be allowed your big mac tomorrow and fries are off the menu on Saturday. It's for your own good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Literally taking the piss.

They did not have time to urinate in the soda machine that morning.

Ps lunch in mac Donalds ugh. Knock around to mine I'll let you lick my dirty frying pan, then wash it down from what ever I drain my dirty dish cloth. Cheque please.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭WellThen?

Maybe they're trying to be more health-conscious of what they sell to the customer.

Haha then they should shut up shop.

Advertisement