Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTA update when switching network

Options
  • 09-10-2014 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭

I've got a HTC One with Meteor which I never got around to updating from 4.2.2 - there's at least one update waiting to download.

I'm about to port to 3 PAYG.

I presume I should install the current update before I port?
    I'm juts wondering how future OTA updates will work after I switch.
    Will I still get them from 3?

(There's no Meteor branding on the phone, if that's relevant)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

From what i understand it has nothing to do with the network of the sim card you put in, its to do with the software installed on the phone i.e network branded or sim free version

If the phone is Meteor branded then it will continue to get updates when they push them out.

But in this case as there is no branding it may be the same as the sim free version's and get the updates straight away when released by HTC.

Porting over to three will have no impact on when the phone will get future updates.

Advertisement