Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History RSR

Options
  • 08-10-2014 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

My first draft is due on friday and I'm stressing out because I haven't written anything, no sources either. Went to my local library and they didn't have the books I was looking for on Oscar Schindler. Was hoping someone could name a few good ones so that I could look them up online? Also, I was wondering how to refer to sources in the actual extended essay. Do you just use quotation marks and mention the book? Do you have to refer to every website you use in the essay, or in the evaluation? My teacher hasn't been clear at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Try google books and refine the search to 'preview' available - this will allow you to read parts of any book available.

In the essay it is a good idea to note where you get the information from (i.e. When you use info from a particular source put a number in brackets after the piece of information referring back to the three sources you evaluated - if you use other sources number them 4, 5, 6 etc and list them at the end of the extended essay). Only use quotations from primary sources and only use a small number. Make them short and keep them relevant. It is not necessary to mention a source directly in the essay in most cases. If you need to just mention the surname of the author (i.e. 'Foster argues that...')

You don't have to refer to every source you read - only the sources you use in your essay. You evaluate 3 sources at higher level and 2 at OL. You should use these in your essay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 k0tryy

Try google books and refine the search to 'preview' available - this will allow you to read parts of any book available.

In the essay it is a good idea to note where you get the information from (i.e. When you use info from a particular source put a number in brackets after the piece of information referring back to the three sources you evaluated - if you use other sources number them 4, 5, 6 etc and list them at the end of the extended essay). Only use quotations from primary sources and only use a small number. Make them short and keep them relevant. It is not necessary to mention a source directly in the essay in most cases. If you need to just mention the surname of the author (i.e. 'Foster argues that...')

You don't have to refer to every source you read - only the sources you use in your essay. You evaluate 3 sources at higher level and 2 at OL. You should use these in your essay.

Thanks so much!

Advertisement