Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A career in agriculture science

Options
  • 08-10-2014 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all

I've been working in the pharm industry for a couple years in QC however it's not a career I can see myself long term in- I really like science however anyone that works in a qc lab can tell you how far from proper science it is. Anyway I have been thinking about potentially moving into the area of agriculture and combining my liking for the outdoors/animals and science! I don't mind going back to college I just don't want to get up back in another qc role after it all. So could anyone tell me who works in the agri science area what kind of role they are in, any thoughts on this is much appreciated?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭generic2012

If you're qualified you could look into a Teagasc phd. Get a role as a researcher getting a nice wage, doing worthwhile work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 badge90

My undergrad degree is in physiology so if I were to get into that area From what I've heard the masters in ucd sounds pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭generic2012

Phd is paid and you would be expected to stay in research so what ever you think yourself!

Advertisement