Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil Tank distance from Boiler

Options
  • 08-10-2014 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what is the max distance an oil tank can be from the burner?
    If the tank was 100 ft away from the boiler and the tank was lower by 20ft. would this work?
    Would an additional oil pump solve this? Are there any other options?
    Not planning to do it myself just looking for information at this stage.

How long are the hoses on oil delivery trucks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

If you get air locked you'll have fun waiting for it to clear.

My tank is about 30m from the burner, and is a nightmare to clear an air lock on. The tank would have to be above the burner afaik.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Xennon wrote: »

My tank is about 30m from the burner, and is a nightmare to clear an air lock on. The tank would have to be above the burner afaik.

20' is a lot, but may be within specification for a properly sized pipe using a deaerator (Tiger Loop). You need to get the spec sheet on the deaerator or maybe someone here has one to hand.

If you intend to have the tank any further away than 50 metres from delivery position, contact a few delivery companies that you might deal with to see if they can reach further.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

You may need to install an oil lifter near the appliance.
    As Wearb said, it's a big lift aswell as the distance, make sure its correct commissioned to check the pump vacuum is within limits, if not, the oil lifter is the solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭jimf

I seem to remember reading that the max lift for a tigerloop was 13ft

found a very good faq a while back but cant seem to find it now will look again later

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭jimf

here it is question 9 more or less answers our question here http://www.westwoodproducts.com/tigerloop_FAQ.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

Xennon wrote: »

not if you use a tigerloop......

http://www.westwoodproducts.com/tigerloop.htm

hope its ok to post link Mods...in no way affiliated

Advertisement