Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Licence to Deliver to a Business Premises

Options
  • 08-10-2014 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

Our office have been looking for an off licence or supermarket to deliver some drink. However no-one we've come across will deliver to a commercial premises.

Does anyone know of an off licence based in Dublin that will deliver to a city centre office?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Give www.drinkstore.ie a ring.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

That's unusual. How else to businesses, universities etc get wine for functions and the like?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Ravelleman wrote: »
    That's unusual. How else to businesses, universities etc get wine for functions and the like?

I've no idea but we've ran multiple places and they've all said no. We're located on Dawson Street so perhaps they feel it's too awkward. It's not as if we'd be ordering from them frequently.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Celtic Whiskey said no?

BeerNut wrote: »
    Celtic Whiskey said no?

Are they not more of an upmarket off licence? I wouldn't think they'd do run of the mill beer brands?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

You never mentioned you wanted run-of-the-mill brands from a downmarket offy. And you work on the same street: go have a look :) They do cans of Guinness, IIRC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

BeerNut wrote: »
    You never mentioned you wanted run-of-the-mill brands from a downmarket offy. And you work on the same street: go have a look :) They do cans of Guinness, IIRC.

It does raise the spirits that it was assumed he wanted craft though. :D

A bit of craft would be lovely, however I think it'd be lost on the youngsters at 5:30 on a Friday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

A bit of craft would be lovely, however I think it'd be lost on the youngsters at 5:30 on a Friday evening.

You could be surprised, especially if they have beards ;)

You could try a distributor like http://vanguardbeer.ie/ lots of lovely Irish craft

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Drinkstore don't discriminate.

By the way, if it's an office do, one of the party keg companies might be an idea. Such as: http://www.eventbars.ie/

• Advertisement

Saruman wrote: »
    Drinkstore don't discriminate.

By the way, if it's an office do, one of the party keg companies might be an idea. Such as: http://www.eventbars.ie/

We'd like to setup an ongoing account as the office is growing and quite relaxed towards the end of the week so it should be worthwhile in the long term.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

why not just have Tesco or Supervalu deliver?

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    why not just have Tesco or Supervalu deliver?

They won't deliver- that's the issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

They won't deliver- that's the issue.

We get Tesco deliveries to our office in a business park, granted never alcohol, nor the city centre. The issue of parking must be the problem, understandably so I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

We'd like to setup an ongoing account as the office is growing and quite relaxed towards the end of the week so it should be worthwhile in the long term.

Did you mention setting up an account on the phone to them? They might have a problem with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Tesco delivered booze to my office for a party not too long ago. We're not that far away from Dawson Street either. Just ordered online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

O Brien's have an online site and they deliver AFAIK. It's always on their windows anyway

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Craft beer Fridays in the office. Where do I send my CV to? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Tesco delivered booze to my office for a party not too long ago. We're not that far away from Dawson Street either. Just ordered online
    Thats what I would have tried.

If I rang some random tesco phone line and asked about commercial business etc I imagine the easy answer for the lazy person on the phone is simply no. Or has the OP attempted online and got it rejected?

I have seen tesco vans delivering to buinesses near me.

Thanks folks, I'll speak to the powers that be so and see if we can attempt an online order.

Much appreciated, I'll let you know how we get on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

Why not just walk down to the nearest offy and get a taxi back?

Make the junior guy do it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

We usually have Tesco deliver to Amiens Street without issue.

Advertisement